Kioti vs Branson ?

/ Kioti vs Branson ?
Thanks everyone ,
I'll tell him what you all said and let him make up his own mine . Sounds like they are both good tractors ,so it is really down to personal preference . Virgil , what you said about a wider stance and lower hieght on the Branson might win him over . He is very nervous about running a tractor , when it comes to hills or grades.
Big Al

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #12  
I was in this exact situation before. After looking at almost all the brands of tractors, starting with the big 3, I had it narrowed down to the Kioti DK45 and the Century 3045. The price difference between the two was $3000 with the Kioti being more. I liked both tractors. The fit and finish on both was equal, which was very good. Just as good as any other tractor brand I looked at. I liked some things on the Kioti better and some things on the Century better.

The Century has the Yanmar 4TNE88 engine, which is the same engine the John Deere 4710 has in it. This engine is rated at 48 gross hp and 40 PTO hp and the Kioti engine is rated at 45 gross hp with 38 PTO hp.

As mentioned the Kioti had an electric PTO and the Century a dual stage clutch and the Century has both 540 and 1000 rpm speed PTO.

Both excellent tractors in the upper horsepower range of the CUT class at unbeatable prices. In my case the $3000 savings with the Century has bought me a really nice 20' metal trailer, some implements and some $$ left over. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif