kioti vs. kubota

/ kioti vs. kubota #11  
IslandTractor said:
No disagreement that Kubota has the bigger dealer network and larger line of tractors. However 20 years ago you could have said exactly the same thing favoring JD or Ford/NH over Kubota.
Ed my friend, I have to aruge you you on part of what you wrote. 20 years ago Kubota was defining the "Compact Utility Tractor" market and within that size tractor, they had a wider product selection than JD or Ford (also at that time it was Ford Tractor not Ford/NH or what is now Case/New Holland). Now as the tractors got larger, then John Deere and Ford had more of a selection in the larger size machines. At that time Kubota didn't really offer AG tractors in the US market.

As for tractor choice, I would say look at your local dealerships and look at your rules (if you are a municiple school then your choices my be limited by specific rules, some agencies require the tractor brands submit to the Nebraska tests, some require a specific amount of American content, etc).

If you don't have rules that limit your brand choices then look at the dealership. Does it have a large, well equipped service department with qualifed and experienced technitions? Tractors do their work with components that operate on diesel and on hydraulics. Is there an in house hydraulic expert (or two) at the dealership or do they send out the hydraulic repairs? What about welding and fabrication, a well equipped dealer will be able to fabricate repairs. What about the parts department? Is it well stocked and run by a couple of professionals who know tractors and have been around awhile, or is there a kid at the counter who is more worried about his girlfriend?

As for quality, I can attest to Kubota with 6+ years of experience and no problems. Kubota is known as one of the most reliable tractors in the world and their engines are used by many brands of equipment including top brands like Bobcat industrial equipment and Grasshopper mowers.

/ kioti vs. kubota #12  
Until recently most of the JD compacts and subcompacts were made by Yanmar in Japan and have been since the late 70s. You have Shibaura making NH, Hinomoto making Massey, etc. Yes, JD is an American company so I suppose you could argue that the profits are going to an American company. That is something.

Our school district takes bids on everything, whether it is a truck to plow the parking lots, tractors for mowing, construction or whatever. We have always had Kubota tractors and mowers but this year there is a nice, new JD out there. The only thing I can say is obviously at least this time JD came in with a better bid. We are a public school district and if we want the taxpayers to continue to support us, they need to feel their money is being well spent. All bids are taken and voted on by the board of ed.

Yes, America, please take some time to think about the victims of 9/11 and to thank our troops.

/ kioti vs. kubota #13  
Hinomoto making Massey
They haven't been manufacturing Massey compact since about 1990-91.

/ kioti vs. kubota #14  
I stand corrected. Who is manufacturing the Massey CUTs?

/ kioti vs. kubota #15  
Since about 1991 Iseki has been manufacturing them.
roxynoodle said:
I stand corrected. Who is manufacturing the Massey CUTs?

/ kioti vs. kubota #16  
BobG_in_VA said:
gordon21 said:
Ovrszd has a good point. Many governments have rules about who they can buy from. You may be limited to vendors from your county or state. QUOTE]

Anybody here ever hear of the Buy America Act? I have a Mahindra and a couple of Farmalls, but if I was spending tax dollars I'd make sure they went to a US company. Pls don't be telling me there is not an American Company that sells tractors anymore. CAT is in Peoria, Deere is an American Company. Both Kioti and Kubota are foreign....ESPECIALLY TOMORROW! Everyone pls say a prayer for our lost Heros of 9/11. I do daily....BobG in VA

Actually, while JD is certainly an American company, a lot of its tractors, especially CUTs, are built overseas. And while Kubota for example is a Japanese company, a lot of its tractors are built in the USA.

/ kioti vs. kubota #17  
IslandTractor said:
BobG_in_VA said:
Actually, while JD is certainly an American company, a lot of its tractors, especially CUTs, are built overseas. And while Kubota for example is a Japanese company, a lot of its tractors are built in the USA.

I think you missed my point. Don't care where they are "assembled", the $money$ goes somewhere else. Toyota advertises that they build their trucks/cars here, but do you think the money stays? Again, most governmental agencies (Federal for sure) have to pay attention where and to whom the money is being sent. God Bless America. BobG in VA

/ kioti vs. kubota #18  
Love my Kioti - one very fine machine. But, I think dealership quality and convenience are of paramount improtance in your situation. If the dealers rate the same, then parts availability would be next in importance. Here, Kubota PROBABLY has the upper hand. I suspect that price difference (unless it's huge) should not be a deciding factor for you. A thousand $ or two gets quickly eaten up in labor and other direct costs if you equipment is broken, out for service, in constant need of "adjustment", or othewise unavailable for use.

/ kioti vs. kubota #19  
BobG_in_VA said:
IslandTractor said:
I think you missed my point. Don't care where they are "assembled", the $money$ goes somewhere else. Toyota advertises that they build their trucks/cars here, but do you think the money stays? Again, most governmental agencies (Federal for sure) have to pay attention where and to whom the money is being sent. God Bless America. BobG in VA

What about the Americans working in the factories? Also, GM owns a large protion of Isuzu. Ford owns a chunk of Mazda, owns Land Rover, etc. It ain't so simple to buy American anymore......

/ kioti vs. kubota #20  
albmn10 said:
id go with the Kubota, they will have a little better resale

Now that's an understatement....:rolleyes: