kioti vs. kubota

/ kioti vs. kubota #41  
My local dealer for years had a row of shiney new MF tractors along his road frontage. A few years back I noticed a few orange Kioti's in that line. Now when I drive by, there are only a few MF and usually 10-12 Kioti's. He has been in buissness for more years than I can remember and cant see him selling anything he doesn't believe is a good machine. He stocks from CK20's up to DK55 cab. Some weeks he sells 5-6 of the Kioti's and few of the MF's. He only has 3 new MF's on the lot and they have both been there a while. I think he figured out Kioti is a good quality, less expensive brand and is making money on them.

/ kioti vs. kubota #42  
Dargo, I completely agree with your statements about dealers. To say "buy from the best dealer" and that being the only deciding factor is foolish. The product is far more important. And like you... I do see that line of thinking on a regular basis on the forums. The dealer would only factor in on my decision if there were two or more local dealers with the same product. Otherwise... I'm buying what I want... which is a quality machine. (I know this next statement can be looked at 100 different ways... but still....) If you are selling me a quailty product to begin with... I shouldn't need the dealer often enough to justify buying from the friendly guy with a bunch of tractors on his lot.

/ kioti vs. kubota #43  
Dargo said:
BTI, I think we are getting to the same place but by different directions. Many people have traditionally used the 'go to best dealer only' as code for advice to avoid Kioti, Mahindra, Branson etc. For the most part, your Kioti, Mahindra etc. dealers are going to be far smaller than the big three dealers. Most people interpret the 'best dealer' as one that stocks a few dozen tractors, has a fully stocked parts department staffed with trained professionals, a large, multiple bay service department, staffed with several factory trained techs, and a customer satisfaction department that follows up on not only sales, but service work. By taking the 'best dealer' advice, you remove about 99% of the Kioti and Mahindra dealers, which I am saying is wrong. If people only chose their tractors by that criteria, nearly all of the "off brand" manufacturers would go bust because nobody would shop at their smaller dealers who do not stock a large parts selection, do not stock a large tractor selection, and do not have multiple factory trained techs who have special training in everything from heavy engine work, fuel injection work, transmission work, and hydraulic work.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Many of the small roadside shops that sell tractors along with yard ornaments will be out of business soon. However, if they stock a quality tractor that likely will not need repairs, why not put money back into your local community? If your new (pick the brand) tractor is under warranty and you need heavy work done, it may be a bit more inconvenient, but I'd bet the factory will steer you to how to get the repairs done. I don't think Kioti or Mahindra will leave a customer hanging and tell them that they have a warranty, but nobody will fix a problem.

I just take offense to the code (buy only big three) that is underlaying the pick the best dealer statements, and shop for the best dealer statements. Nobody will ever convince me that the quality, reliability and value of the product is less important than who will sell you the tractor. I'm actually quite surprised that some of the Kioti and Mahindra owners here are not chipping in and saying the same thing if they are satisfied with their tractors.

As I said, it sounds like we are going the same place, but just from different directions.

I'll comment here. First the product must be good. Second the local dealer/dealers must be competent. They wouldn't have to be huge, but I think if they can't fix a tractor in their shop, or don't have a way to pick up and deliver, or if they don't stock a decent amount of parts...then they don't deserve the business. Mahindra, Branson, Kioti and the like need to demand some minimum standards. We see that happening. Now it may sound like I am knocking these brands, but I am actually a dealer for Mahindra and Branson. For a mom and pop tractor business, we sell a lot of tractors and have a proper shop, trained techs, etc. We should expect others to have the same.

/ kioti vs. kubota #44  
Now all you need Dave, to become the complete all around dealer, is to add the Kioti brand to your inventory.:) :)

/ kioti vs. kubota #45  
Oleozz said:
Now all you need Dave, to become the complete all around dealer, is to add the Kioti brand to your inventory.:) :)

Yeah Dave, then you could post pictures of unloading those Kioti's off the truck with pallet forks on a Mahindra's FEL! (Grin) BobG in VA

/ kioti vs. kubota #46  
Oleozz said:

What's a Kioti? :eek: :D :eek:

Now I have seen a Coyote in my orchard, but never a Kioti!

Actually, I have a lot of respect for the Kioti tractor. Decent machines, for sure, but I like what I sell a little better. :)

/ kioti vs. kubota #47  
Dave,

It's quite an honor your group was awarded "Best-in-Class" dealership from Farm Equipment Magazine this year.....however there is always room for a little improvement....a...er....Kioti....ahem...er....ah...;) :)

Don

/ kioti vs. kubota #48  
Once I narrowed my tractor choice down to a specific model and manufacturer, I then made the decision on where to purchase this machine by choosing from "the best dealer". :D

re. the original question, Kubota vs Kioti. I can't make the decision any easier but I'll share my similar experience. I was able to test a Kioti CK20 and a Kubota B7510 on the same day within an hr or so of each one and there were things I liked and disliked about both and was able to compare them more accurately as I tested them so close together.

What eventually steered me away from Kioti was it's lack of presence in my area, there was only one dealer in the metro area and you just didn't see them around, and it priced out higher than the B7510.
I liked the CK20 but not enough to overcome those two points.
Oddly enough, I didn't end up with the B7510 either, but I did stay with the same manufacturer and "good dealer" :D

Volfandt