Kioti vs Tym compact

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #1  

hikerguy64

Tractor
Kioti CK20S HST
looking for a compact to handle 2 acres clear mowing, loader for snow and gravel work, post hole auger and 48 inch tiller

I have some pricing on both the Tym 233HST and the Kioti CK20HST. Looking for comments or recommendations

will trade out the JD X540 but will probably keep the IH Cub 123 - it has history

thanks for the help

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #2  
I don't know much about the TYM but my 06 model CK20HST has been flawless since I got it back in Oct. 2005 and it has more then exceeded my expectations for what this tractor should be able to do.

I have used the loader to move and spread hundreds of tons of gravel and rip-rap, it lifted and moved my 1,000lb lp tank with no hesitation. The backhoe seems like it's overpowered because it will drag the tractor right into the hole your digging, strapping it to a tree or big truck cures that and the backhoe is just plain incredible!

I also use a 60" rear mount snowblower in the winter that is just plain awesome compared to plowing, no snowbanks and all the snow is 40ft into the woods. :D
My last attachment is a 48" boxblade that does a very good job of leveling out my driveway and smoothing the bumps from my steep driveway.

I don't know about the TYM warranty but I doubt it is as good as the Kioti and Kioti has much more dealer support in this area vs. TYM.

Overall, I have been more then pleased with my Kioti CK20HST and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Some pics: (click thumbnails for larger images)

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #3  
will trade out the JD X540 but will probably keep the IH Cub 123 - it has history

thanks for the help

Welcome to TBN and let me say howdy neighbor. I Know what you mean I couldnt get rid of my old Cub Cadet 129 when I got a BX1500 and L4400HST

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #4  
Kioti for sure, its a no brainer. I base this on all i have read here @ tbn. They seem to be good quality machines with high owner satisfaction and few catastrophic failures. They are by far the best korean built machine on the market today.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #5  
Lean towards kioti, they might just be around for a while.:D I do not own one but, they seem to have better dealer support... reading around on TBN that seems to be the word. Kioti is also a cub cadet tractor with cadet colors I gather too. TYM supplies scuts to mahindra also, but neither have been in tractors state side as long as kioti. Kioti tractors have been here a little longer...a good sign they might just stay a while. If you ever need parts, a dealer is way easier than wrecking yard hopp'n.... I ran into this with my 240D yanmar, But it was 20 some years later when it needed major parts:D

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #6  
Kioti is also a cub cadet tractor with cadet colors I gather too.
Kioti supplied only 3 models for a season or 2 for Cub Cudet a few years back. The 8354, 8404, and 8454 models.
The current model Cub compacts are Cub Cadet/Yanmar.
The current Bobcat compact tractors are Kioti machines with differant loaders/backhoes.
Its getting hard to keep track of it all.

Last edited:
   / Kioti vs Tym compact #7  
Both spec out very close. Tym does offer a cab and belly mower and Kioti does not. Tym has a little better warranty. Really a toss up as far as quality. I would go with the best dealer/deal I could get in this situation.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #8  
I think TYM has a 5 year warranty which is longer than Kioti. The Kioti is heavier for a given horsepower than TYM (I think). From my research a while back they were also less $$$$. Mine has been great so far - about 100 hours.

Loren

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #9  
Kioti Warranty:

t_4year04.gif

t_products.gif
t_terms.gif
t_coverage.gif

Engine and drive line
All units - 48 monthsParts & Labor
t_2year02.gif

t_products.gif
t_terms.gif
t_coverage.gif

Tractors 24 months Parts & Labor
Front-End Loaders, Backhoes and Implements 12 months Parts & Labor
Replacement Parts 3 months or the remainder of the unit warranty, whichever is longer Parts Only
Replacement Engines 12 months Parts & Labor

TYM Warranty:
5-Year Warranty
Years 1-3 bumper-to-bumper Parts and Labor
4th Year Parts and Labor on Drive Train only
5th Year Drive Train Parts only ($200.00 deductible per claim)
Limited to 3000 Hours
Batteries and Tires are warranted by Manufacturer
Transferable one time for $250.00​

/ Kioti vs Tym compact
looks like I may add the Bobcat CT122 into my comparisons... looks to be a bit higher in pricing though - also had someone mention the Kubota B2320

thanks for the replys so far.... all very helpful

R/

Jeff