Kioti vs Tym compact

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #11  
The Bobcat is the same as the Kioti. I've used a CK20 for a few hours, and tested the TYM T273 several times when I was looking. There isn't a whole lot of difference. Both are well made machines. I would go the T273 instead of the T233 in the TYM. At 27 HP, the TYM is the better choice. The TYM is has about a 10" shorter wheel base and comes standard with a QA loader, and the longer warranty, and can get a MMM (which you can also get on the Bobcat).

What swung me to Kioti was the answer to the question: "Who is likely to still be in the U.S. market in 10-15 years?". The clear answer was Kioti. There is no substitute for this. Those that bought Belarus, a Honda SCUT (5813), or now Farmtrac, can tell you all about that. There is still risk with Kioti, but less than there is with TYM.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #12  
I have a early TYM tractor that was sold by Scorpion and have been very happy with it. It is T330 and it runs a 84 in finish mower with ease. I feel even more confident in TYM that I did a couple years ago and they have grown a lot. They have a longer warranty which is something to consider. I have never owned a Kioti but they look to be a good tractor to. I would look at and test drive both before I would decide on one. It makes it hard as they are both top picks.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #13  
I owned a Kioti CK20 and was very happy with it. I still use it for my avatar out of loyalty. If I could make one improvement it would be to add a 3 speed HST as the high range is currently just a little too high to use in the field for much of anything except flat mowing. That said, otherwise the CK20 is an amazing workhorse with a great loader. It can be configured as a TLB for not much more than a BX24 type machine and will outperform the SCUTs without any problem (except finish lawn mowing). The TYMs have a very good reputation too and are comparable (don't know about the HST range). I'm comfortable with Kioti (on my second one) so that would be my recommendation but I'd look carefully at the TYM and Kubota B series too.

Last edited:
   / Kioti vs Tym compact #14  
We have an excellent dealer here in Pa., his name is Wallace and you will find many helpful posts on this site authored by him. Kioti owners are fortunate to have three or four Kioti dealers who visit this site and are very willling to give advice and hints. Might pay to get in touch with one of them.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #15  
They have a longer warranty which is something to consider.

It may sound better when you say 5 year vs 4 year but look at the specifics and the Kioti has a better warranty as pointed out by dgl24087 here.

Kioti is 48 months for Engine and Drivetrain parts and labor
TYM is 36 months for Bumper to Bumper parts and labor then 12 months parts and labor only on drivetrain and then parts only for the last 12 months on drivetrain only. So the engine is only warrantied for 3 years vs 4 for the Kioti. And for the 4th year, TYM only covers parts only where the Kioti is still parts and labor.

Kioti warranties the loader, backhoe and implements for 12 months parts and labor as well. Plus the TYM warranty is limited to 3000 hours which means commercial users will realistically only get 2-3 years of warranty vs the unlimited hours warranty on the Kioti.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact
getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Kioti CK20 HST w 60" mower, good price, 0% financing and a good trade on the JD:)

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #17  
getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Kioti CK20 HST w 60" mower, good price, 0% financing and a good trade on the JD:)

Sounds like a Win-Win situation. :D

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #18  
I would not hesitate choosing either the TYM or the Kioti.

They are very comparable in many ways. The loader might even be the same on the CK20 as the T233(Can someone confirm?). My opinion is the fit and finish on the Kioti is a bit superior. As far as who will be around in 20yrs?, no one can realistically determine which of these So. Korean companies will here so there is some risk with either choice. Both companies have put out new models recently and both have built tractors for other companies to brand as their own.

I ended up choosing the TYM 273 because I have 2 dealers that are fairly close and the Kioti dealer was too far away. The warranty is comparable for both companies and a wash as far as I am concerned. I recently saw that TYM put out a factory cab for the K2 T233,T273, T293 which would really be nice this winter moving snow.

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #19  

Don't hesitate, coyotes or "kioti" only give fleeting chances, then they gone... fast:D

/ Kioti vs Tym compact #20  
I would be kind of leary of the hilly WV terrain and the 2 range tranny. You will most likely be relegated to low range for all of your chores because High will not have enough power to pull the tractor up a hill. Not sure what kind of terrain you have and it may not even matter, or affect you. Kioti would have a real keeper if they had a 3 range tranny in the CK20, IMHO.