Oil & Fuel Kubota 1100VTX won't start

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #21  
Just got our electric bill that includes temperatures during the period. In the month up to yesterday the high was +6F and the low -41F, average -11F. My RTV900XT, which has Howes, wouldn't start on the coldest days. This week we had our +6F day and it wouldn't start due to cold soak. The next day at -4F it started right up but it hadn't been below -10F during the night. The fuel tank is a large temperature sink that takes time to warm up. My L6060 sits in a heated garage as its needed to keep our yard and driveway open (1/4 mile) so never a problem there.

At -41F I would refuse to start too ;)

How warm do you have to keep your garage for the 6060 to start in those temps?

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #22  
At -41F I would refuse to start too ;)

How warm do you have to keep your garage for the 6060 to start in those temps?

The temp in the garage has nothing to do with the temp outside..... Think about it a bit.....

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start
Lol, holy cow, -41F? -11F? God bless ya!

/ Kubota 1100VTX won't start #24  
When it gets this cold many things change and there is a lot of good info here. A hair dryer or an paint stripper heat gun all work well to get fast results. When they shut down in the cold chances are it is gelling. Don't try to get the last run out of it as you might be using all the free non-frozen fuel out of the lines! Many times we have found that they filter is not any good after they have frozen! In the north about the first of november all diesel fuel is cut fifty fifty with Kerosene and do not add more then that!!!!! Kerosene does not have lubricants in it to keep your injection pump working!!! The product by power service is about as good as it gets! The one filter you should always have for a spare is fuel filters!!! You never know when you might get some dirty fuel or no-winter fuel.