Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints
As well you should . . . good tractor from everything I've read. But the B2650 and B3350 do have some significant improvements and upgrades over their predecessors. And on balance, at least on the B3350, a turbocharger (good!) and a DPF (jury still out).

I initially was going to get the 2650, but as I live at 4880' (and normally aspirated engines loose some 3% power for every 1000' altitude gain), the turbocharged larger engine of the 3350 won out. I was concerned about the DPF, so read everything I could find to assure myself buying a tractor with a DPF wasn't a foolish mistake. Though I'd prefer to have the turbo *without* the DPF, it's inclusion does have benefits and the downside isn't severe - save for the initial cost.

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #32  
I do like the left side brakes on the new models.

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #33  
I love my simple, old school B3030 even more now!

Because the 3350 doesn't get up to speed for 10 seconds?:laughing: I'll take the 10 second sacrifice for the greatly improved cab alone.

No, I hadn't heard of Fluid Film. From their literature, they say it's a "wool wax" composition. In another spot they say it has a "unique lanolin base" (from sheep). They also tout it's corrosion prevention, battery terminals, salt environments etc. and in general the lubrication recommendations given are for applications that involve low speed bearing surfaces such as hinges, chains in salt spreaders etc., things some have used Corrosion-X, WD-40, and LPS-3 for - those products also primarily used to inhibit corrosion.

I would be leery of using Fluid Film, which looks to be a lanolin and wax product, for high pressure lubrication applications such as the reduction drive chain on a snow blower, unless the machine manufacturer recommended such. Not saying manufacturers always know best, they don't, but this would be a departure from what is normally recommended for a high stress, high film strength lubricant application.

Lanolin does make an excellent case lube for reloading :)

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #36  
I sent fluid film an email asking them if "fluid film NAS" would be a good lubricant for a high speed chain on a snow blower and this was their response...

Thank you for contacting Fluid Film. Yes, Fluid Film NAS is a great lubricant for all metal chains. It penetrates into the metal for long lasting protection. It´s unique formula of a lanolin base and no solvents means it will not evaporate easily.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Best regards,

Amy Bruno

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #37  
I sent fluid film an email asking them if "fluid film NAS" would be a good lubricant for a high speed chain on a snow blower and this was their response...

Well as long as they say so it must be true! LOL

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #38  
Well they do have the best ratings/reviews out of any product/company I have ever researched before...I'll be the test dummy for you guys:D

2010drive,

Seriously, I'm sure Fluid Film will do an adequate job of preventing your roller chain from rusting, even in a salt environment. Why am I not surprised they would tell you it'll provide great lubrication as well? Pressed further, they might also advise it's a superb hair dressing too - - remember "Afro Sheen" :)

However, I seriously doubt Fluid Film can come close to the high pressure lubrication qualities of either a good petroleum or synthetic based oil, such as 90 weight gear oil or any purpose specific product like chain saw bar oil or spray chain lubricant.

Fluid Film's lanolin and wax formulation is likely to fall short of your long term expectations. The result being more rapid wear of both sprockets and chain - - worn out, but no rust!

bumper

With 13.5 hours on the tach, by B3350 started blinking the "regen light" so I pushed the "auto regen" button. The regen process took longer than I expected, almost half an hour, during which time I ran it at full throttle, 2500 rpm, and used the backhoe. During that first 13.5 hours, I tried to operate at moderate engine speeds and avoided idling for more than a few minutes. Still, to minimize PM in the DPF, it's better to run it at higher power settings . . . while the manual says not to do that during break for the first 50 hours.

I've ordered all the parts and bits from Surplus Sales to install the hydraulic deflector on my B2782 snowblower. Only thing I'll fabricate are the mounts for the cylinder.

bumper