Kubota B6000

/ Kubota B6000 #1  

auldyin

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. I bought a B6000 in order to tackle my large/ish garden. I am aware that the P.T.O. turns anti-clock but that should not be an issue for me. I have purchased a small backhoe and therein lies my first problem. In order to get hydraulic supply to the backhoe I require to obtain a double length banjo bolt. The banjo fittings on both supply and return pipes are permanent fittings and I would prefer not to replace the full monty. In order to identify the thread diameters and pitch, I bought a parts manual. It's as much benefit as a chocolate fireguard. Parts are described as bolt, washer, nut, rod etc. No /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifspecification/description whatsoever. Can anyone help. Perhaps a workshop/service manual has the info that I'm looking for? I'm reluctant to dismantle parts in order to identify specs.
Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Auldyin. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota B6000 #2  
Hi,
Are you sure that changing the banjo fittings is the correct way of getting pressure from the system, though I never played with it myself I think that other people have got pressure from the cylinder cap output, which I belive is between your legs when sitting on the tractor, I attached a picute of where the diverter valve would be placed.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B6000 #3  
I owned a B6000 for several years. Great little tractor, but to be honest with you I don’t think the hydraulic pump will be up for the task of a BH. Not sure it can produce the volume you will need. Have you considered an external PTO pump?

Gary

/ Kubota B6000 #5  
Gary, am I right in saying that the front loader is run off the stock hyd pump, if so the poster doesnt mention he has a FEL so maybe the backhoe would have enough pressure off the pump?

Auldyin, is the BH a Kubota stock one or a aftermarket one? Do you have a loader running off the stock hyd pump?

/ Kubota B6000 #6  
Mith,

A few years ago I got to play on a B6000 with a FEL running off of the stock / internal pump. It was sloooow. It had small pistons and it still was slow. I may be wrong, but trying to use the curl and crowd on the BH at the same time might be asking to much from that little pump. It can supply enough pressure just a little shy in the volume department.

BTW, the guy that bought my B6000 will be building a FEL for it, he is going to use an external pump. I will try to get some pics when he does.

Gary

/ Kubota B6000
Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your reply.

Because of the anti clockwise rotation of the PTO it would have to be a pump that would have bi-directional function. I was intent on avoiding a B6000 because of such limitations but I got it at a good price and, hopefully, next year at this time it will have served it's purpose. Regarding the backhoe. When I collected it, I saw it run on an Iseki of similar capacity to the B6000. It would not have won any competitions but think/hope (fingers, toes and eyes crossed), it will do what I want of it.

Will keep you posted.

Best regards,

Ken.

Attachments

• 803880-dblbanjo.jpg
    803880-dblbanjo.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1,238
   / Kubota B6000 #8  
Gary, I see your point, would love to see the pictures too!

Ken, you sound like I did when I bought mine, didnt want one but the price was right /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To be honest I think getting a pump on the PTO would be your best option being what Gary said. I dont think that anticlockwise pumps are atall uncommon, it might be worth looking into. It would be very frustrating if the backhoe was too slow.

/ Kubota B6000
Hello Danno1,
Thanks for responding. This is the first forum I've joined and find the community spirit is tremendous.

There is no front loader on the wee beastie. Backhoe and 3point to move and reposition the BH is all that will be asked of it.

When replying to Garry, I discovered the attachment function and uploaded a pic of a double or extended banjo bolt. Hope this will provide some insight as to where I'm trying to get to.

Best regards,

Ken.

/ Kubota B6000
Hope it is ok to address all your individual observations in one rather than by individual responses. The Bh is quite dinky, and attaches to a compact or a skidsteer. I feel optimistic that I will find ways to optimise it's performance but, in saying that, I will have no need to push it too hard. My objective is, by this time next year, to get my property sorted out/up and sell up. Gonna buy a boat and become a sea gypsy or go live in the sun. Will be 65 then hence my nick "Auldyin". I'm heartened by your view (Mith) that anti-clock pumps are not uncommon. Was, if necessary, contemplating opening up the mission case and finding the gear train that creates the anti spin. Feel certain there is a means to make it go clockwise. Other option would be to integrate an electric pump in order to augment the volume?