Kubota b7800 rework

/ Kubota b7800 rework #1  

descanso1

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota B7800
Hi everyone, I have just joined, although I have owned several kubotas, and a case tractor, I currently own a Kubota RTV and have just acquired a Kubota b7800 with hydrastatic transmission and front loader. Which I am currently modifying to what I want. I have purchased and sold several tractors in the last several months, ranging from a 20 hp Kubota to a Grand l3940 (what a tractor) to large for my needs, trying to find the one that best fits my needs. Finally settled on the B7800, 30 hp, I choose it because it is a basic tractor, no smog, no electronics (less to go wrong), great power to weight ratio, and it fits my needs. Since purchasing it used with about 200 hours on it I have been modifying it to what I want, I have reinforced the top edge of the bucket, added chain hooks, installed a shield over the hydraulic lines behind the bucket, changed the seat to a suspension seat, added a cup holder (coffee in the mornin, beer a little late), moved tool box, added an additional tool box, added front and rear work lights and am in the processes of adding top and tilt, with the assistance of Brian from Fit Rite Hydraulics , Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com , He is great to work with and a wealth of knowledge (highly recommend). He is an actual people not a computer, not like dealing with some of the big houses and a lot better than the dealers... When I am finished with the hydraulics I will have the right tractor to fit my needs....... I will be posting pictures as work progresses.

Last edited:
   / Kubota b7800 rework #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Tractor that will come to operator instead operator going to tractor..looking forward to updates.

/ Kubota b7800 rework #4  
Must have pics on this site or it didn't happen.

/ Kubota b7800 rework #5  
I'm interested in how you did suspension seat, looking forward to pics.

/ Kubota b7800 rework
I'm interested in how you did suspension seat, looking forward to pics.

I ordered the suspension seat from Northern tool for 99.00. Actually a very nice seat, adjustable with springs and a shock absorber. A whole lot more comfortable than the factory seat. Install was fairly simple, I had to re drill the front holes and made a cross piece for the rear holes. I disconnected the safety switches and bypassed them. Also the tool box is normally under the seat and since the new seat does not hinge up I relocated it to the front underside of the new seat, great fit and I prefer the location (do not have to raise the seat to get into the tool box.. I will be posting pictures a little later.....

/ Kubota b7800 rework
Photos added, top and tilt will be coming as soon as install is finished, waiting for a few parts...
1. Angle iron welded on top of the bucket to add support to keep it from bowing also chain hooks.
2. angle iron to protect hydraulic lines that cross over behind bucket
3. suspension seat and relocated original tool box
4. suspension seat and relocated original tool box
5. cup holder and suicide knob
6. work lites
7. back of suspension seat
8. xtra tool box attached to box scraper (old ammo can) water proof

DSCN0630.JPGDSCN0632.JPGDSCN0634.JPGDSCN0633.JPGDSCN0635.JPGDSCN0638.JPGDSCN0640.JPGDSCN0641.JPGDSCN0643.JPG

/ Kubota b7800 rework #9  
Seat looks good, thanks for photos. I like the ammo can tool box. I've already bent the hydraulic lines on the front of my loader, should have seen your post sooner.

/ Kubota b7800 rework
Seat looks good, thanks for photos. I like the ammo can tool box. I've already bent the hydraulic lines on the front of my loader, should have seen your post sooner.
Seat is very comfortable in comparison to the factory, takes the jolts out.... Almost every tractor I looked at had 3 things in common, the top of the bucket bent down, the hydraulic lines bent or crushed, and the leading edge of the hood damaged. So with every tractor I have had I reinforce the top of the bucket, add protection to the hydraulic lines, and if it does not have one build a brush guard.