Oil & Fuel Kubota brand engine oil

/ Kubota brand engine oil #11  
Remember,with motor oil,thin is in!2014 GM trucks use 0W20 Dexos oil and 75W85 high efficiency gear oil.
0W20 is real popular with Asian car builders these days.
Good Luck on your choice.

I have to wonder if the manufactures are sacrificing engine wear to meet fuel economy standards.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #12  
I have to wonder if the manufactures are sacrificing engine wear to meet fuel economy standards.

As far as GM goes, the tolerances on the engine parts are getting tighter and the variable valve timing they use now reguires thinner oil to function properly. We make parts for the big 3 and Toyota and Honda.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #13  
As far as GM goes, the tolerances on the engine parts are getting tighter and the variable valve timing they use now reguires thinner oil to function properly. We make parts for the big 3 and Toyota and Honda.

Thanks for the information.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #14  
i personally use Amsoil Diesel Oil in my BX. however, MUCH more important than brand preference/reputation is the mfr spec. most mfr's update these regularly as they learn more about fluids and their products so it helps to keep up on the latest.

Kubota Service Lubricant Maintenance

if it meets the mfr spec then i am comfortable using it. if not, no way.

Last edited:
   / Kubota brand engine oil #15  
Like the way they updated the CJ-4 information. My 2012 manual says NOT to use CJ4.

Fred

/ Kubota brand engine oil #16  
Here's a good article on what the difference is between CJ-4 Oil and its predecessors.

Turbo Diesel Register Tech: CI-4/CJ-4 Diesel Oils

Basically, CJ-4 does not have as good of additives as CI-4. This was done to ensure that it would not plug up your DPF filters, but at the expense of your engine.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #17  
Exactly!

I have a few cases of Quaker State 30 weight HD non detergent I saved from the seventies I will run in my new tractor at the 50 hr. mark.

Some of the best oil ever produced.

Fred

/ Kubota brand engine oil
Awesome. That should work great.

/ Kubota brand engine oil
Yeah. All that multi grade and detergent stuff is a government conspiracy.