Oil & Fuel Kubota brand engine oil

/ Kubota brand engine oil
All kidding aside, thanks for the info deereman. I was wrong to think that higher zinc content meant better oil.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #22  
I 2nd Philip.

Maybe this will help --> Diesel Oil

This analysis was done during the on-highway EPA emissions transition to ULSD. It debunks some of the myths around all new oil have "no zinc" additive, among other things.

After years of reading I think my 'motor oil' understanding is getting better so thanks for this data. I can see my beloved Rotella 5-40 synthetic is not best for my diesels and for sure a bottom tier oil for my gas engines based to this era of tests.

The Polaris oil cooler fan does not even kick on until 260F which is near or even below the thermal breakdown starting point of most diesel rated oils. Mobil 1 Turbo for diesels and Mobil 1 for gas engines both tested in the upper percentile of their categories it seems.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #23  
Mobil Delvac from Walmart, cheap and good. I run the same oil - every second oil change - in my 1970 Honda CB750, good oil to have on hand.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #24  
Mobil Delvac from Walmart, cheap and good. I run the same oil - every second oil change - in my 1970 Honda CB750, good oil to have on hand.

The problem with Delvac and other diesel oils especially in air cooled engines is thermal breakdown starts at a lower oil temperature than these engines will produce. There was no support for running diesel rated motor oil in a gas engine that I could find in the test result findings or summaries. I have been running 5W40 Rotella Synthetic in everything for a few years but that is going to change.

Clearly a non diesel tractor has some of the lowest engine oil requirements out there so I am fine there but in the gas engines Rotella T6 is at a lower rung on the motor oil ladder per this battery of pressure and thermal break down testing.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #25  
I use Delvac ONE in all my diesels. Can't get it at Walmart though.

Haha. I meant I dont have a dpf or egr. Everyone knows lucas oil works best on muffalator bearings.

Too bad they quit making dr. Sackenstein's snake oil.

Sackenstein's had the perfect ratio of snake oil to bulls milk in order to keep the high pressure thrust surfaces lubricated in muffler bearings.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #30  
Actually the oils tested are more advanced than any of our old stuff OEM manuals required. I am sure the 5W-40 Rotella synthetic is much better than required by our 1976, 1983 diesels and 71, 86, 89, 92,98, 00, 02 and 03 gas vehicle engines. :laughing: