Comparison Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #21  
I know this is going to be a war of the red vs oranges but I had to do this after seeing corporate Kubota bash the Mahindra Max and then not allow comments. It is kind of a long video and please keep in mind I don't want to start a war, I just want to defend my brand against the attack launched by Kubota Corporation!
The Mahindra Max Advantage - No more BX - YouTube
Do you have a link to the "Mahindra bashing video from Kubota"?
It would only be fair to watch it before I made a response to your post. I read with great interest this Spring about the "new" Mahindra Max, and finally got a chance to see one locally. There are a number of things that struck initially both pro and con but before I post pics to illustrate those things I need to watch the video that ticked you off. Thank you.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #22  
Do you have a link to the "Mahindra bashing video from Kubota"?
It would only be fair to watch it before I made a response to your post. I read with great interest this Spring about the "new" Mahindra Max, and finally got a chance to see one locally. There are a number of things that struck initially both pro and con but before I post pics to illustrate those things I need to watch the video that ticked you off. Thank you.

Kubota took the vid down, likely because they wanted no part of the controversy going on here. Now unfortunately I think the only place to "See" Kubota's video is through Don's.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #23  
Kubota took the vid down, likely because they wanted no part of the controversy going on here. Now unfortunately I think the only place to "See" Kubota's video is through Don's.
Thank you, I watched it. Comparing a new tractor to a used tractor is hardly fair. I have some valid input I may post with pics at a later date, maybe. Too much has been made of this "assault" either way. There is a [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LNQAdDmR2z8"]video[/URL] of the Kubota L3800 vs. Mahindra 4025 that seems to me to be nicely done and fairly points out the differences. Again it looks like the Mahindra in comparison is bigger. Having a smaller package size does not necessarily make it inferior, weight does have it's advantages and disadvantages in different conditions. There are some things that Mahindra and others have done that I wish Kubota would do. There are many things about a Kubota that reflect refinement.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #24  
Or someone at Kubota realized it was a bad idea.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #25  
Or someone at Kubota realized it was a bad idea.

There is no question that it was a bad Idea. In fact it was plain retarded. Why Kubota would want to perpetuate what most consider to be poor taste in advertising is beyond me. But this was never about rather or not Kubota's video was a bad Idea.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #26  
If we were talking basic riding mowers I could see how someone could be talked into buying something simply on hype. But once you get to the SCUT level of tractor any buyer should be doing their homework before placing their hard earned money on the counter. If Mahindra wants to push the MAX as a SCUT they are going to find it's not going to work well for them. The idea behind a SCUT is a tractor with an extremely small footprint. Mahindra's whole marketing plan counts on people either not noticing the size difference between BX sized tractors and the MAX or not not noticing the vast lineup of CUT tractors from every brand in the tractor market.

It seams to me this all started when Mahindra decided to compare the MAX to the BX. I'm not sure why Kubota even decided to make a video to counter Mahindra but clearly they quickly realized that it was not worth their effort and pulled the video. Why anyone would want to try and make a counter video to the video Kubota pulled using a tractor that clearly is not a new is beyond me. Would any one take a video seriously if it was a 2013 Ford F150 vs a 1999 Chevy 1500? It just screams bias. If you want to make a video why wouldn't you go to a rental place and get a near new BX for a few hours?

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #27  
I did a pretty good comparison between the kubota product and mahindra's product very recently as I was shopping. Matter of fact, these were the two brands it came down to. The kubota machines I was looking at were the B2920 and B3200. I looked at kubota first. I went to the mahindra dealer second and I looked at and drove the Max28XL. I didn't compare the Max to a bx series as the bx series is not the size of machine I wanted and in that thought it would not have been an apples to apples comparison. I would say the Max28xl and the B2920 were about the same size and comparable. The B3200 a little larger. I really liked the way the Max drove and felt. It was very stable and planted. I knew there was some weight in the rear-end (I like all my girls with this feature). The Max's engine was powerful and the hydrulics felt great. What I didn't like was the "old" feeling of the controls and comfort. It felt like I was sitting on a tractor designed 20 years ago. When I went for the second time to the kubota dealer, I focused on the B3200. I noticed the kubota felt lighter but was much more comfortable and almost everything felt like it was placed in the right spot. I liked the dealer better too, they knew the tractor inside and out.
The Max had a 48inch bucket on it, the kubota a 60inch. The max dealer priced it so the bucket would be changed to a 54inch, mahindra doesn't offer a 60inch for the max. I also had both machines priced with a 60inch finish mower. The kubota price was somewhat higher but I liked it better and the dealer was closer and made me feel more comfortable. I ended up with the kubota and have been happy so far. I thought long and hard about the choice and I almost went with the Max. Hopefully I made the right choice, time will tell.
In my opinion, I really don't feel the Max series can be compared to an older bx series tractor as in the OP's video. I think a more fair comparison would be the Max vs the newest B series. These are what I compared when shopping. Just my 2 cents.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #28  
I did a pretty good comparison between the kubota product and mahindra's product very recently as I was shopping. Matter of fact, these were the two brands it came down to. The kubota machines I was looking at were the B2920 and B3200. I looked at kubota first. I went to the mahindra dealer second and I looked at and drove the Max28XL. I didn't compare the Max to a bx series as the bx series is not the size of machine I wanted and in that thought it would not have been an apples to apples comparison. I would say the Max28xl and the B2920 were about the same size and comparable. The B3200 a little larger. I really liked the way the Max drove and felt. It was very stable and planted. I knew there was some weight in the rear-end (I like all my girls with this feature). The Max's engine was powerful and the hydrulics felt great. What I didn't like was the "old" feeling of the controls and comfort. It felt like I was sitting on a tractor designed 20 years ago. When I went for the second time to the kubota dealer, I focused on the B3200. I noticed the kubota felt lighter but was much more comfortable and almost everything felt like it was placed in the right spot. I liked the dealer better too, they knew the tractor inside and out.
The Max had a 48inch bucket on it, the kubota a 60inch. The max dealer priced it so the bucket would be changed to a 54inch, mahindra doesn't offer a 60inch for the max. I also had both machines priced with a 60inch finish mower. The kubota price was somewhat higher but I liked it better and the dealer was closer and made me feel more comfortable. I ended up with the kubota and have been happy so far. I thought long and hard about the choice and I almost went with the Max. Hopefully I made the right choice, time will tell.
In my opinion, I really don't feel the Max series can be compared to an older bx series tractor as in the OP's video. I think a more fair comparison would be the Max vs the newest B series. These are what I compared when shopping. Just my 2 cents.
You were knowledgeable about tractors when you went shopping. It appears to me(and quite a few others I think) that Mahindra is 'preying' on the uninformed, the new tractor people. Those type of people don't really know the difference between a scut/cut. All they see is that the Max series has a higher hydraulic output, can lift more and so forth. They don't realize that they are being.........'scammed'.........

While Mahindra may make a good tractor, the deceptive advertising that they have instituted has upset a lot of people that are 'in the know'.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #29  
You were knowledgeable about tractors when you went shopping. It appears to me(and quite a few others I think) that Mahindra is 'preying' on the uninformed, the new tractor people. Those type of people don't really know the difference between a scut/cut. All they see is that the Max series has a higher hydraulic output, can lift more and so forth. They don't realize that they are being.........'scammed'.........

While Mahindra may make a good tractor, the deceptive advertising that they have instituted has upset a lot of people that are 'in the know'.

Very good point Don. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and what to expect when I was shopping.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #30  
I'm confused, wouldnt most people buy a b series kubota over a bx if the cost was about the same. I would hardly say you were scammed if you bought tractor "a" over "b" because it could out lift, push, more ground clearance, etc. etc. etc. I owned a kubota for many years (b7100). It was nothing short of a great tractor. In my opinion most bx buyers would purchase a b series model if the cost was the same or very close. To me that is how manindra is marketing it "why settle for a bx when you can get a b series" ( in red).