Comparison Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #31  
I'm confused, wouldnt most people buy a b series kubota over a bx if the cost was about the same. I would hardly say you were scammed if you bought tractor "a" over "b" because it could out lift, push, more ground clearance, etc. etc. etc. I owned a kubota for many years (b7100). It was nothing short of a great tractor. In my opinion most bx buyers would purchase a b series model if the cost was the same or very close. To me that is how manindra is marketing it "why settle for a bx when you can get a b series" ( in red).

I wanted a B series "size" specifically. If I wanted a bx "size" that's the size and weight I would have been shopping for. I might have looked at the smaller Max22 if shopping for a bx but definitely not the Max28. Not too sure what I'm getting at here or if that helps. I had specific reasons to buy the size and weight tractor that I did.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #32  
I'm confused, wouldnt most people buy a b series kubota over a bx if the cost was about the same. I would hardly say you were scammed if you bought tractor "a" over "b" because it could out lift, push, more ground clearance, etc. etc. etc. I owned a kubota for many years (b7100). It was nothing short of a great tractor. In my opinion most bx buyers would purchase a b series model if the cost was the same or very close. To me that is how manindra is marketing it "why settle for a bx when you can get a b series" ( in red).

I think people buy different sizs for different reasons, price is just one. A bx is going to be gentler on a lawn than a b, take less room, be better in tight quarters etc. i could have gotten an L or B3200, but i got a b because it was the size and weight i wanted. In my case more weight wasn't better (do work on finished lawns and soft areas), and i needed to fit a certain size to get into tight spots. I personally am not a fan of comparisons that are misleading, but have seen many brands do that, like listing lifting capacities or hydraulic capacity in different ways. At the end of the day the consumer has to be smart enough to cmpare and learn something, i think the buyers of most machines like these fit into that category.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #33  
No. I wouldn't have. I needed a smaller tractor for my property, about the size of the BX. The BX didn't suit me so I purchased the Massey, but the thing is.....all the SUBCUTS were basically the same, so my choices were of the features offered and price.

But Mahindra recently redesign their old 16 and 18 series Compact Utility Tractors(thus comes the Max series). They put in a different engine, and put smaller tires on it and called it a SUBCUT.

In a nutshell.......they took an underpowered CUT tractor that was selling poorly, changed the tires size, and marketed that underpowered CUT as a SUBCUT. IMHO, that is a scam/false advertising/trickery/deceitful.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #34  

If price is your one and only concern, then the differences between the MAX and any other tractor are irrelevant. Nobody is denying Mahindra's price point on the MAX. No one is denying, that for a lil more money, you can have a bigger, more powerful tractor then the BX series.

However, Mahindra is saying, "Look at our MAX, it's bigger and more powerful compared to the BX" And we are all saying, NO KIDDING. Your comparing a CUT to a SCUT.

Price has nothing to do with anything. And no one is saying don't buy a MAX if it fits your needs.

But if Price means a great deal to you, look at it like this. Let's say you NEED a CUT. The MAX is already close in price to the BOTA BX series. And by close, I mean close to the BX25. It's actually a lil more money, but thats neither here nor there. If you need a CUT, then what is the harm in comparing it to the B Series? The MAX is sure to come in cheaper then the B series if its close in price to the BX. So if Price is your bottom line, the MAX Wins. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, But, if you are in the market specifically for a SCUT sized tractor, then the MAX is likely to big. And where you get into the "Scammy" territory is when you are selling people that don't know any better a tractor that they are being told is a SCUT. They think, Hmm, bigger, more power, cheaper, YEA. But they may have just bought a tractor that does not fit their needs. They are preying on peoples ignorance to a degree here. Granted, anyone that drops 20+k on a tractor without fully researching it out is kind of asking for it. Id like to think that everyone is smarter then that. But given your post, I have to think you are exactly the kind of person Mahindra is marketing their tractor to.

In reality, there is a whole lot more to choosing a tractor then price alone. And if you are still confused about that, there is probably nothing anyone here can say to help you.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #35  

Oh, my bad............I went thru the post so fast that I missed this line.

Mahindra is marketing their 'B' sized tractor as a 'BX' sized tractor. This is what has people upset.

And as Singalo said, if that's the machine you want, then buy it............just be aware that there is a difference between CUT and SCUT tractors, and the Mahindras "MAX SCUT".........is actually an underpowered CUT tractor.

Just for sh*ts and giggles............Go to the Mahindra website...........Look at the 1816 specs, and the MAX 22/25 specs. But take note when you open the PDF file...............the 1816 is listed as a CUT...........the MAX is listed as a SUBCUT.

On Mahindra's own website it shows the deception/trickery/scam.

EDIT: But I'll admit.............I was wrong about the tire size.......it's the same between their CUT and SUBCUT...........only the engine size changed.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #36  
Is there much of a difference in price between a BX2670 and a B2620? I'm guessing not. If so the marketing campaign would only work on people who didn't price a B series tractor. If Kubota wanted to answer Mahindra they should offer a B series with smaller tires. Who knows maybe it would sell well.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #37  
I'm confused, wouldnt most people buy a b series kubota over a bx if the cost was about the same. I would hardly say you were scammed if you bought tractor "a" over "b" because it could out lift, push, more ground clearance, etc. etc. etc. I owned a kubota for many years (b7100). It was nothing short of a great tractor. In my opinion most bx buyers would purchase a b series model if the cost was the same or very close. To me that is how Mahindra is marketing it "why settle for a bx when you can get a b series" ( in red).

No, I owned a BX2200 for years, thought I would replace it with a B Series, but after a lot of research and shopping decided the B Series was just a bit too big for my needs and bought another BX, it had noting to do with price, so I didn't "settle for a BX, it was just the right tractor.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #38  
No, I owned a BX2200 for years, thought I would replace it with a B Series, but after a lot of research and shopping decided the B Series was just a bit too big for my needs and bought another BX, it had noting to do with price, so I didn't "settle for a BX, it was just the right tractor.

Same here. Anything larger than a BX would not have worked for our requirements. We likewise looked at the B series and they were nice but too big. Had it been on the market at the time, the Max would have been too big. Price had nothing to do with it.

Here's the thing, at least for us. You can take it into a residential lot on a small trailer pulled by a small pickup. It gets into almost any place a "lawn tractor" goes but it has the FEL and an implement. So you can put in a new lawn, grade a driveway, clear snow, tear out an old patio, pull a tree or a stump or re-landscape a home without destroying everything else in its path like something larger or a skidsteer. We have done all those tasks and who knows how many more. At the same time it is still big enough to do some larger scale work out at the farm. It doesn't replace the bigger equipment out there, but it is still so handy it is often the "go to" unit for simple quick jobs. Out in the open a bigger tractor would have an advantage, but if you need to get into some smaller worksites, it's hard to beat the BX.

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #39  
This thread turned out to be free advertisement for the Kubota BX, how unfortunate for the OP lol

/ Kubota BX vs Mahindra Max #40  
You see a a lot of BX2200's for sale with about 300 hours on them. I expect they still compare favorably to the max.