Buying Advice Kubota compared to John Deere

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #51  
JohnThomas

Oh ELite member.

You might think my post silly??? Well I really don't know what you find silly. I spent a lot of time picking out these tractors, just like I did with my first Kubota when the John Deeres in my opinion were a hodge podge...which they are not anymore. Eslewhere on this forum I went into great detail as to how surprised I was as to how far John Deere had changed and their prices were much lower than I anticipated.

Anything built for John Deere has to meet their specs and is overseen by John Deere engineers. One of the reasons I think Japan in a general way is having a hard time competeing as a nation is their lack of flexibility and inability to embrace the world interaction in manufacturing. Their Zero was a great plane right up to the day they capitulated, but it took them too long to adjust due to their culture, hence they were a day late and a dollar short on the new concept jets they had coming.

So maybe at one time I had the silliest post, but then you spoke up and ran away with the honors:)

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #52  
I thought Japan had the number three economy in the world. :confused:

Aren't their cars considered to be some of the most reliable in the world? :confused:

I know about engineers overseeing parts made by outside manufacturers because I are one (someone screwed up there). :D Sometimes it ain't pretty, if we didn't design it, we don't give a crap how it works. :p We're all Prima donnas...

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #53  
Oh, I am sure that 90% of the parts of a Yanmar engine, that Deere might use, is available from another parts supply chain as a Yanmar part and I suppose it might be possible to save a buck or two tracking that, or other parts down. Doesn't sound like a particularly fun way to spend one's free time, however.

I like the fact that the Kubota is designed, engineered, built and sold by Kubota. Likely high parts costs to the consumer, but I still prefer that to owning a decal tractor.

Decals come and go.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #54  
rarvsen, being just north of Austin, I visited all the major JD/Kubota/Kioti/Massey/NH dealers in the Temple/Austin area. I used JD as my standard and determined what I needed in size, features, etc. Then, I ran across a used Kubota (100 or so hours is nothing on a tractor) for the same price as the JD, EXCEPT I ALSO got a cab, HST, hay spike, box blade included. That sold me and I have REALLY enjoyed all of them.

I have to admit that the JD dealers felt less interested in me than the Kubota dealers did but that wasn't a deal breaker. Lanford Equipment in Austin is a superb dealer, my experience with them has been excellent. The Kubota dealer in Temple is newer and I've only used them a couple of times to get some equipment parts, but they have been very service oriented.

Decide what size/features/attachments you need, then I'd check Craig's List as well....never know what might show up.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #55  
Seven years ago I bought my first tractor. In my community we have Green, Blue and Orange dealers with fair size lots and been around for years. Research indicated these three were the main brands to consider. Picked a 22Hp diesel, FEL, 4wd and MMM model of each.
Green (JD) was $3000 more than Kubota and Blue (NH) was $2500 more than Kubota so I bought a BX2200 FEL MMM Kubota from Barlows and have bought 11 more Kubotas from them since then.
I bought first because of price and continued to buy Kubotas because of quality of product, price and dealer.

I can't get over this silliness of Kubota being cheaper....its not. i had a great Kubota that I wanted to trade in, but the new Kubota had the same seat I had 8 years ago, still has a poor hood/get at things ratio,
(WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CHEAPER?)
and was quite a bit more than the JD which actually was a size bigger....a lot of baloney on these kind of threads. Face it either you don't like the dealer or you just prefer a color:)

Seems you've forgotten what I posted then what you posted. You claimed that those (me and others) that said a Kubota was cheaper from our actual experience was silliness. I stick to my statement of that being one of the dumbest statements that I had seen on TBN and I still stick to that claim.

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #56  
JohnThomas

Oh ELite member. (HAM: You don't have to call me Oh Elite Member, unless you just want to, you can call me John or JT or John T or John Thomas or OK Elite Member if you like that better)

You might think my post silly??? Well I really don't know what you find silly. I spent a lot of time picking out these tractors, just like I did with my first Kubota when the John Deeres in my opinion were a hodge podge...which they are not anymore. Eslewhere on this forum I went into great detail as to how surprised I was as to how far John Deere had changed and their prices were much lower than I anticipated.

Anything built for John Deere has to meet their specs and is overseen by John Deere engineers. One of the reasons I think Japan in a general way is having a hard time competeing as a nation is their lack of flexibility and inability to embrace the world interaction in manufacturing. Their Zero was a great plane right up to the day they capitulated, but it took them too long to adjust due to their culture, hence they were a day late and a dollar short on the new concept jets they had coming.

So maybe at one time I had the silliest post, but then you spoke up and ran away with the honors:)
No, I think you've topped yourself in silliness. This is the silliest post I've seen.:laughing:

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #57  
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!" --Homer Simpson

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #58  
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!" --Homer Simpson

That's right Triple. I understand that 83% of statistics are made up on the spot! :laughing:

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #59  
That's right Triple. I understand that 83% of statistics are made up on the spot! :laughing:

Yes, but only 75% of the time.:laughing:

/ Kubota compared to John Deere #60  
we all have brand blindness here because we speak of what works best for us.thats why theres so meny differant makes of tractors out there.the truth is the best tractor is the 1 with the fewest probs.