Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #41  
What model/size Shop Sabre are you running?

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions
I have a HT 45XP with machine torch on a Langmuir Crossfire XL table. I gave $1k from a guy that was upgrading so it was already assembled.

It is a great beginner table but to whoever may be interested: DO NOT buy a table without a Z-axis... mine doesn't have one and I need to order the kit to upgrade it.

Check out my ZD thread, I cut parts out for it today. Seat suspension/isolators like I made for my F series.

Attachments

• 20240309_150726.jpg
    20240309_150726.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38
   / Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #43  
I was recently looking at zero turns, and I liked a lot about the Bota's, but some things I didn't like about them as well. If money wasn't a factor I would have gone with a highend Exmark, or maybe a Deere. Money is a factor though, and for value, and simplicity I would just get a tried and true Husqvarna MZ. You can still buy them new, and their price for the class they compete in is very enticing compared to other mowers. Plus they are a 15-20 year old design that misses out on a lot of this new/goofy junk that I see getting put on newer model mowers. The suspension and ride quality pieces I have no issue with, but all this newer electronic stuff, and switchs in the handles, and push button start, etc, I can do without.

I will say the Bota zero turns are some pretty mowers, with some cool looking wheels. Their tire sizes are kind of odd, or at least not as common as what other brands are running though.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #44  
I have a HT 45XP with machine torch on a Langmuir Crossfire XL table. I gave $1k from a guy that was upgrading so it was already assembled.

It is a great beginner table but to whoever may be interested: DO NOT buy a table without a Z-axis... mine doesn't have one and I need to order the kit to upgrade it.

Check out my ZD thread, I cut parts out for it today. Seat suspension/isolators like I made for my F series.
Yes, z axis/height control is a must. At home I use a table I built using a Precision Plasma HD7 gantry and a HT pm85 (previously a 105).

At work I have Koike Aronson with a MaxPro200 and tube cutter.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #45  
Bought ex mark last year in august 29 hp 60 in deck to take place of toro 60 26.5 hp a turn. Ex mark has 15 hours on it sits lower to ground steering easier due to design. I wanted 1211 60 in deck best price I found $18750. Wife did not like too high off ground in her mind. Maybe next timeIMG_0721.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #46  
I posted my ZD331 with 2700 hours for $6,400. Great time of year to sell, I guess with lawns right around the corner. I really don’t have a great idea of its’ value. Based on what I’m seeing others ask for theirs, I think its about a $6,000 piece.
We will see what happens…..

1710077848382.jpeg

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #47  
In my area that would be a pretty decent price, my 331 has just under 1k hrs right now and I've been debating on trying to sell or trade for a BX to mow with. I figured mine with the collector should be worth $10-12k

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #48  
In my area that would be a pretty decent price, my 331 has just under 1k hrs right now and I've been debating on trying to sell or trade for a BX to mow with. I figured mine with the collector should be worth $10-12k

BX type sub-compact tractors are not quite in the same league when it comes to just mowing a larger areas, as a good commercial zero turn or front deck mowers are.
Yes they are handy compromise for many different small jobs, but not really specifically excellent for anything.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Thinking.jpg

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #49  
BX type sub-compact tractors are not quite in the same league when it comes to just mowing a larger areas, as a good commercial zero turn or front deck mowers are.
Yes they are handy compromise for many different small jobs, but not really specifically excellent for anything.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

View attachment 856650
That would be correct, however I don't really mow for other people anymore and I'm only mowing about 2acres of personal lawn. The ZD331 was mainly for the better cutting deck and the collector that can be dumped from the seat. I sold my ZD326 as the 6in hose for the collection system clogged too easily.

Main reason for a BX is that it can be used year round with a loader and 3pt. I've mowed some with a BX, not bad but not at good a cut as the comercial mowers.

Sometimes I need a smaller loader tractor, to move things and having a second 3pt would be good, especially when the backhoe is on the larger tractor.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #50  
In 36 years of living out here, I've never vacuumed up any grass clippings or leaves. Waste of time IMO but then I'm not a nal about the lawn in the first place. So long as it's green and trimmed, is fine with me and that constitutes my lawn mowing. Even weeds are green in my view.