Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #31  
OK, so I found out the one is rear discharge and costs more.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #32  
I know the L's are longer and slightly wider, presumably to accommodate the 72" decks.
The zd1211 rear discharge decks also use the old style and size blade mounting holes, and the side discharge decks use the newer size blade mounting holes. I'm SOMEWHAT certain that's the case...
A TBN user posted a very good method for milling down the new style blade bushing to utilize the older zd blade hole size. If I could remember his name I would give better credit, but it's been several years ago.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #33  
OK so theres a ZD-1211 and a ZD-1211 “L” and L= “longer”?

That makes sense….

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #34  
More info: The ZD1211RL−72R has a 2-range (hi/lo) hydrostatic transmission. That adds about $1,000 to the price.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #35  
My 331 is starting to look pretty old and may need some repairs. Thinking of selling and buying ZD-1211 now before mowing hits.

What is a ZD-1211L-3-72 ? I see this one on Kubotas site for $20,999 and then I saw a different version for $19,999?
About right at 20 grand with a 72. I believe that is front wheel drive only, AWD is slightly extra. I'd have to sell a ton of round bales to afford a new one, though I'd love to own one anyway. Getting a good deal on the one I'm buying, especially trading in the M60 tank which is already sold btw. One of the guys in the shop, his brother wants it. I will get a canopy / sunshade for mine like the one I have on my M9 open station. Looked at a new one with a 72 rear discharge deck and a cab and it was 26 in AWD.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #36  
base for it, that'll be a fun project, aka a reason to play with the cnc plasma. :)
I play with my 'Shop Saber' a lot. I have to recoup the 35 grand it cost me. What are you using for a torch? I'm using a Harbor Freight Titanium 65 amp plasma cutter and a modified HT straight torch. I had to modify the Titanium to split the output voltage to energize the torch head. I had and sold a Hyper Therm 85 amp unit. The consumables got too expensive. I modified the torch head as well to accept the much less expensive HF consumables too. Looking back, probably should have kept the HT but I didn't. One thing about the HT I had was it was computer driven and I could have just cabled it instead of having to dissect the Titanium and modify it. I also have a 45 amp with a hand torch for use in the shop. I run an IR cycling refrigerated air dryer just off the compressor output as well as Motor Guard cannister filters on the air inlets of both machines and because I'm forgetful about draining the receiver on my Quincy QP, I added a Tsunami kinetic air drain on the compressor tank drain as well. I learned pretty quick that any moisture in the air supply, quickly eats up consumables, so I have none. I really like the big Quincy too. Bought it used at a machinery auction. Has a 10 horse Baldor electric motor on it 220-3) and a 150 gallon vertical receiver and it does 30 cfm at 140 psi. I had to rebuild the heads on it, replace the reed valves as they were pretty carboned up and I replaced the intake air filter (Solberg) with a K&N oiled gauze air filter. I typically cut 3/8" material in hot rolled sheet and some stainless and aluminum. The Shop Saber will take full 4x10 sheets if necessary. Interesting that anyone on here has a table besides me. I looked at the Langmuir 4x8 machine 9was cheaper than the SS, but the SS is built way heavier and all the axis drives are fully enclosed and it comes with cable chains and the computer and it comes with a full function remote as well and unlike the Langmuir, it comes fully assembled on a truck. I've read some interesting stories about putting a Langmuir together, something I did not want to do. I had quite a time unloading it and getting it into the shop but I overcame that. My M9 with the pallet forks and some extensions handled that chore quite well though I had to get it in place using pipes to roll it in and position it. My overhead crane didn't have the lift capacity to pick it up assembled. It's a nice machine btw and worth the 35 grand I paid for it, even though my wife wasn't too happy about me dinging the bank account to pay for it.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #37  
I play with my 'Shop Saber' a lot. I have to recoup the 35 grand it cost me. What are you using for a torch? I'm using a Harbor Freight Titanium 65 amp plasma cutter and a modified HT straight torch. I had to modify the Titanium to split the output voltage to energize the torch head. I had and sold a Hyper Therm 85 amp unit. The consumables got too expensive. I modified the torch head as well to accept the much less expensive HF consumables too. Looking back, probably should have kept the HT but I didn't. One thing about the HT I had was it was computer driven and I could have just cabled it instead of having to dissect the Titanium and modify it. I also have a 45 amp with a hand torch for use in the shop. I run an IR cycling refrigerated air dryer just off the compressor output as well as Motor Guard cannister filters on the air inlets of both machines and because I'm forgetful about draining the receiver on my Quincy QP, I added a Tsunami kinetic air drain on the compressor tank drain as well. I learned pretty quick that any moisture in the air supply, quickly eats up consumables, so I have none. I really like the big Quincy too. Bought it used at a machinery auction. Has a 10 horse Baldor electric motor on it 220-3) and a 150 gallon vertical receiver and it does 30 cfm at 140 psi. I had to rebuild the heads on it, replace the reed valves as they were pretty carboned up and I replaced the intake air filter (Solberg) with a K&N oiled gauze air filter. I typically cut 3/8" material in hot rolled sheet and some stainless and aluminum. The Shop Saber will take full 4x10 sheets if necessary. Interesting that anyone on here has a table besides me. I looked at the Langmuir 4x8 machine 9was cheaper than the SS, but the SS is built way heavier and all the axis drives are fully enclosed and it comes with cable chains and the computer and it comes with a full function remote as well and unlike the Langmuir, it comes fully assembled on a truck. I've read some interesting stories about putting a Langmuir together, something I did not want to do. I had quite a time unloading it and getting it into the shop but I overcame that. My M9 with the pallet forks and some extensions handled that chore quite well though I had to get it in place using pipes to roll it in and position it. My overhead crane didn't have the lift capacity to pick it up assembled. It's a nice machine btw and worth the 35 grand I paid for it, even though my wife wasn't too happy about me dinging the bank account to pay for it.
My son is about to worry me to death about getting a table. I almost bought him a Langmuir on the black Friday sale and I didn't. Every time a used one comes up on MP he sends it to me. I rather buy a new one because I always feel like they are selling it for reason.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #38  
So after a visit to a dealer, I’m more confused. The brochure says the ZD-1211 has a “2 range hydrostatic” implying a hi or low range?
Salesman didnt seem real experienced (younger Saturday guy). He thinks the higher priced version was because a rear discharge mower is more.

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #39  
I would be very surprised if any of the current zd1211 mowers had a user selectable hi/lo range. I know my 3-4 year old 1211-L3 doesn't. Is it possible there is some internal gearing that changes during faster speeds?
I couldn't find anything in my WSM about a 2 range HST, but the spec sheet had this for the HST : "2 - HST w / Gear"

/ Kubota Diesel Zero Turn Questions #40  
My son is about to worry me to death about getting a table. I almost bought him a Langmuir on the black Friday sale and I didn't. Every time a used one comes up on MP he sends it to me. I rather buy a new one because I always feel like they are selling it for reason.
I read lots of issues keeping the Langmuir tables square in both axis' I see that owner build sub tables from angle iron so they can move them around and still have them locate properly. You get what you pay for like anything else today and they are by far the least expensive tables made today.
It's a good design and their proprietary software is good as well but the 'bones ' of the tables are too light in build in my opinion. I'm on their forum and I read all the comments and most are about the structural integrity issues. I do know that Shop Saber sells Laigmuir now or maybe it's the other way around. What I do know is Shop Saber is a much better constructed table but then the cost reflects that. I don't want to have to fiddle with a table, I want it to run and run properly as it's not a hobby for me and I'm not cutting out 'cutsey' stuff anyway. 35 grand is a chunk of change for anyone I'll admit but again, you get what you pay for and the SS isn't a hobby machine at all. It's a job shop tool, made and designed for production work. Only reason I bought it was to reduce / eliminate outside lead times for parts I require.