Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing?

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #1  

Tractor2011

Tractor
L3940/HSTC
I've put about 80 hours on my L3940/HTSC so far this year, mostly front loader work with some tilling. Had the dealership do my 50 hour service. Need to make a decision on an extended warranty by October. Any thoughts?

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #2  
i would say the extra warrenty is not worth it not for the little extra hours coverage you get for the $$ i didnt get it on my kubota 7040sud last month when i bought it

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #3  
Tractor2011--Conventional wisdom these days says extended warranties, in general, are not worth the money. My experience with Kubota being such a quality product, I don't see the benefit of spending the extra money. Of course all brands make lemons and anything can happen.....Regards, Mike

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #4  
I've bought 13 Kubotas and have never given serious consideration to buying any extended warranties. Guess my opinion is obvious. I also do my own fluids and filter changes and I'm almost a white collar kind of guy or have been for some parts of my life..:)

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #5  
I never buy them, we are on our 4th Kubota and never had a warranty claim outside the initial warranty; only had one minor warranty issues under $100-$200 bucks.

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #6  
Concur with everyone else. Only warranty issue was display unit. 900 hours, 6 years and nothing worth a warranty.

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #7  
All manufacturers know what it costs, on average, to provide warranty services. They are not stupid. The reason they sell extended warranties is that they can make PROFIT by selling you another product (extended warranty) on top of the product itself. So, if they know what it costs, and they make a profit on it, that means you, the consumer, are paying what it costs, on average, to repair your machine, PLUS a little extra profit to the manufacturer. It's that simple. That being said, there are two reasons you might want to purchase it, even though the law of averages says you shouldn't. The first reason is that you fear you may not have the money when the equipment breaks to pay for the repair. In other words, it's an insurance policy. Better to set some money aside in a repair fund. Second, you know yourself and you relaize you are terrible on routine maintenance or you are prone to damaging equipment at a higher rate than most users. In either case you deserve to pay more , and you should learn that good maintenance and taking care of your equipment can save you money by reducing costs like uneccesary extended warranties. Plus, warranties don't usually cover the type of damage you can self-inflict on your machines. Most real manufacturing problems show up early on, especially if you use the equipment regularly. And if you don't, why buy more warranty?

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #8  
i would say the extra warrenty is not worth it not for the little extra hours coverage you get for the $$ i didnt get it on my kubota 7040sud last month when i bought it

I have a Bx24 and last year I had a tree lime fall on it during the oct snow storm in MA. Cost me $200 for $800 worth of repairs.

Well worth it in my eyes. Also had a BH cyl leak and got one for zero.

Usually in cars they are a money maker, off-road equ, for me, well worth it since they cover anything.

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #9  
good to know. was that $200 the cost for something covered by the extended warranty (ie. the $800 repair expense), or was it the deductible for an insurance claim ?

for me, the dealer would be an hour away, and that is also a factor that I need to consider when considering my tractor purchase and ext warranty.

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #10  
Not sure about Kubota extended warranty, but I bought one for my last car and it was a total rip off. Every time there was a problem the dealer would have to wait for an adjuster to come look at what the mechanic claims is wrong. They deny the claim, I call and raise a ruckus, they say oops they made a mistake, they should have paid it, then they delay telling the dealer to go ahead with the work. Meanwhile I don't have a car for 3 days. They basically just grind me down for every claim to the point I don't even want to submit a claim.