Mowing Kubota/farm King finish mower problem

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem
I know this is kind of strange but trying to find out if it is a tractor problem or if I have to chage the brackets that the tph pins mount to. Thanks

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #12  
From looking at the pictures, it looks like you could move the connecting links to the other set of holes closer to the tractor (see pic) and I would guess that would lower the arms enough to solve your problem. However, I believe the connecting links are in the standard position, which usually works for most implements. I have used a lot of attachments and never had to move the connecting links on the 3pt arms. Have you checked the stop limit on the lift arm? Has the mower been modified? Was it originally made for a 3pt attachment?

Attachments

• farm king.jpg
    farm king.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 298
Look at this measurement and see if is the same as other Kubotas. Thanks
012.jpg

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #14  
Here's a tip. I have a L4400 with an 84" finish mower like yours. If you lift the mower too high, the drive shaft could hit the FM roller or frame in the middle, causing a serious stain in your seat!!! Once bent, the drive shaft causes vibrations beyond belief.

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #15  
redvetteharley,

Your tractor 3pt looks pretty normal to me. I attached a couple pics of my B2620 for comparison. They look fairly similar to me. The lifting arms come out just about level and look similar to yours. The pics show my 3pt as low as it can physically go (without moving the connecting link to the other holes). This is about as much as I can do for you. I have never used a RFM, so maybe somebody who uses one can help you more.

Good Luck.:)

Attachments

• 3pt lower height.jpg
    3pt lower height.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 210
  • 3pt arm position.jpg
    3pt arm position.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 270
   / Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #16  
From looking at the pictures, it looks like you could move the connecting links to the other set of holes closer to the tractor (see pic) and I would guess that would lower the arms enough to solve your problem. However, I believe the connecting links are in the standard position, which usually works for most implements. I have used a lot of attachments and never had to move the connecting links on the 3pt arms. Have you checked the stop limit on the lift arm? Has the mower been modified? Was it originally made for a 3pt attachment?

Using the other set of holes would certainly get the arms low enough. The big question is whether or not using those holes could you lift the mower as high as you wanted ....

If my thinking is right changing the holes would make it go lower and higher but would decrease the power to lift as much weight. I think the best thing is to just have some more brackets made for the mower to lift the pins that attach to the 3PH. thanks

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #18  
This has been a tough situation. Have you considered trading tractors?

Thanks for the idea but I think making new brackets will be much cheaper. BTW I love the tractor.LOL

/ Kubota/farm King finish mower problem #20  
I still say your problem is an adjustment here. Have you tried this?

Attachments

• 3pt%20small.jpg
    3pt%20small.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 306