Kubota hst slow/fast not working

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working #1  

Wowvickwow

Tractor
Kubota l5740
Hey i have a l5740 cab its stuck in turtle mode the button on left side of the steering wheel does not function i replaced the button but same problem not working! Any idea what else i should be looking at? And no not a new tractor haha thanks in advance

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working #2  
Does it make any difference when you change the HST Mode to default, Stall-Guard, or Automatic? Does the HST Mode and HST Response knob work as it should?

Does the unit "beep" when you move the H-DS lever up and down like it's supposed to?

When you say you replaced the "button", are you talking about the H-DS lever/switch?

Looks like the H-DS switch sends electrical impulse to the ECU. There's no mechanical linkages downstream of that switch.

I have the WSM. Can try to help if you can narrow it down.

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working #3  
Hey i have a l5740 cab its stuck in turtle mode the button on left side of the steering wheel does not function i replaced the button but same problem not working! Any idea what else i should be looking at? And no not a new tractor haha thanks in advance

There is a Hi-Lo solenoid valve on the left side of the HST. There's a modular plug on it and I'd check to be sure that's plugged in and secure. Picture is attached. The ECU sends signals to this valve and it would be stuck if unplugged. Easy fix if this is the problem.

1654188705273.png

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working
Does it make any difference when you change the HST Mode to default, Stall-Guard, or Automatic? Does the HST Mode and HST Response knob work as it should?

Does the unit "beep" when you move the H-DS lever up and down like it's supposed to?

When you say you replaced the "button", are you talking about the H-DS lever/switch?

Looks like the H-DS switch sends electrical impulse to the ECU. There's no mechanical linkages downstream of that switch.

I have the WSM. Can try to help if you can narrow it down.
Thanks for the input, but no it doesnt make diffrence in what gear i am, i replaces the actual switch with the knob attached, i did not touch the lever and no i doe not make any beeping sounds when pressed

There is a Hi-Lo solenoid valve on the left side of the HST. There's a modular plug on it and I'd check to be sure that's plugged in and secure. Picture is attached. The ECU sends signals to this valve and it would be stuck if unplugged. Easy fix if this is the problem.

View attachment 748628
Ill look into thar but it doesnt make any sound when i press the hst button would that be electrical issue

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working #6  
Just to be clear we're talking about the same thing . . .

The lever on the left side of the steering wheel is what shifts from H to LO. Pull it up, should shift to HI and the "rabbit" should illuminate on the screen. Push it down, and you go to LO and Turtle illuminates. When you push or pull it you also hear a very audible "beep".

Is that what you're having trouble with?

/ Kubota hst slow/fast not working #7  
Are you saying that you replaced the HST Mode Select Switch? (Refer to pics) If so, why? When you push the button on that dual switch, it should shift from AUTO to Stall-Guard to Normal. That doesn't work either?

If none of that's working, I'd check every fuse real carefully before I dug any farther.

Just to be clear we're talking about the same thing . . .

The lever on the left side of the steering wheel is what shifts from H to LO. Pull it up, should shift to HI and the "rabbit" should illuminate on the screen. Push it down, and you go to LO and Turtle illuminates. When you push or pull it you also hear a very audible "beep".

Is that what you're having trouble with?
Yes sir, but there is no beep and it does not work!

Are you saying that you replaced the HST Mode Select Switch? (Refer to pics) If so, why? When you push the button on that dual switch, it should shift from AUTO to Stall-Guard to Normal. That doesn't work either?

If none of that's working, I'd check every fuse real carefully before I dug any farther.
Yes, i did replace the switch thought that my fix the issue but it didnt, it feels like the knob part of the switch works but the button doesnt!

So i checked the solenoid valve it seems like its okey! Not really sure, all the wires are fine runing into it…

just to clarify the hst switch illustrated in the 2nd picture above doesnt change modes or it doesnt even make a beep sound when pressed. The hd-s lever thats on picture 3 does not switch between high(rabbit) or low(turtle)