Kubota Inferior Tires!!

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #11  
It seems like it's the smaller Kubotas, like the BX and B series that are the loudest. I've got a Craftsman lawn tractor with hydro, and I find it louder than you'd expect for something that small. Great for mowing, I will say that much.

Sean

My hydro JD lawn mower is not loud at all. I sure like it, and I bought a JD knowing that would be the highest quality most reliable lawn tractor I could get. Then I joined TBN and learned about the wonderful TuffTorque K46 transmission in it. And how they have no provision to change the fluid, and most fail within 200-300 hours. Of course if it doesnt rain around here soon we are not going to put any hours on it this year. Oh well, it is still a great mower.

James K0UA

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #12  
I finally go tired of having to add air to both front tires on my B2320. I added "slime" and it helped, but there was always green liquid slime that seeped out of both tires. Even the sidewalls!!
Just a shame that I bought a new tractor and I get INFERIOR TWO PLY CARLISLE tires.
Since my tractor has a loader, I was afraid to load the front bucket for fear of blowing the front tires that were inflated to their max at 22 psi.
Dealer wouldn't do anything and I figured new Carlisle tires would be the same quality.
I just bought and installed BKG LG-306 EIGHT PLY tires and the total price was $173.53!!
Quite another shame that these India made tires are far better quality then the American made Carlisle!!
I always try to buy American but the only tractor tires I could find, made in USA, were Carlisle!

Did you check with Michelin or Firestone?

Sad part is true, better quality tires coming out of China too. The USA companies need to really step it up.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Inferior Tires!! #13  
I had the front tires on my L4400 foam filled for $170 each. they will never go flat, and they add ballast to the front. They can also be retreaded. Tire guy said that retreads work great on low speed applications, due to the lack of speed. ( speed = high temp= tread separation. I have 75 hrs on the foam filled tires no issues. Also the ride is no different.

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #14  
davygp38 said:
I had the front tires on my L4400 foam filled for $170 each. they will never go flat, and they add ballast to the front. They can also be retreaded. Tire guy said that retreads work great on low speed applications, due to the lack of speed. ( speed = high temp= tread separation. I have 75 hrs on the foam filled tires no issues. Also the ride is no different.

Do you have a web-link that would show what you had your tires filled with? I'm interested in the never flat solution that offers, but I wasn't planning to fill the tires...for fear of destroying the lawn (to much weight?) or the inside of the rims (corrosion?).

Max28XL

TIA

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #15  
It seems that tires do fail even on the side walls! They are all made about the same and few manufacturers.

Talk to your dealers.

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #16  
Chilly807 was able to get his replaced for free recently from Carlisle after he whined to them. His were on a L3400. Mine were not Carlisle They were Titans. Well it looks like your problem is solved, and probably a lot better tire, too bad about the money. James K0UA

Did Kubota change away from Titans? Mine came new from Kubota wearing Titan 8-ply rating front tires four years ago. I've got to say that they are great tires in every way. Steer good, ride soft, and don't flatten out when the loader bucket if full of rocks. And wear like iron. I just looked at them and notice that my Titans have something called a "rim-guard" molded right into the side wall which certainly protects the edge of the steel rim and probably helps lock the tire in place and prevent leaks. Darn good tires. Bet they are expensive, though.
rScotty

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #17  
The last new Kubota I saw on the lot had Titans again, the month before was some off-shore junk that had an odd looking Ag tread. It seems like whatever is cheaper that week is what goes on. Mine has Carlisles on the front and Firestones on back. I actually like the Carlisles, these ones have given me no trouble.

Sean

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #18  
Did Kubota change away from Titans? Mine came new from Kubota wearing Titan 8-ply rating front tires four years ago. I've got to say that they are great tires in every way. Steer good, ride soft, and don't flatten out when the loader bucket if full of rocks. And wear like iron. I just looked at them and notice that my Titans have something called a "rim-guard" molded right into the side wall which certainly protects the edge of the steel rim and probably helps lock the tire in place and prevent leaks. Darn good tires. Bet they are expensive, though.
rScotty

My Kubota had Titans, and my Kioti has Titans, but they are both R4 tires, I am thinking the R1 tires like Chilly807 has and are Carlisle's may be standard for R1's on that size of 'bota. I don't know that for sure of course.

James K0UA

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!! #19  
My L3700 has goodyears on the front and titans on the read. Bought in july 2012.

/ Kubota Inferior Tires!!
I was not surprised when I googled---"problems with Carlisle tires"! I even read somewhere where they were now Made in China--but don't know that for a fact.:confused: