Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way.

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way.
Thanks for the kind word guys. J.J., thanks for catching me on the power beyond, guess I forgot all about that, also thanks for posting the PDF on the prince valve, I saved a copy. I didnt figure that there would be very many people here that had the equipment to cut and braze their own fittings so thats why I mentioned about flared and flareless fittings. I simply used what I had on hand and it works fine. O.K., power beyond.
Yes I used the power beyond port, otherwise the whole thing wouldnt work. Looking at the first picture you can see a hose in the top of the valve. This is the power beyond that feeds the 3 point.

valve plumbed 1.JPG

And this is the hard line that I butcher,,, I mean cut and spliced that feeds the 3 point. The bottom line is "power in" to the new valve
and the top line is "Power beyond" to the 3 point. I really couldnt get in close enough to take hose routing pictures so if any one needs to know something, let me know.
steve

valve plumbed 4.JPG

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #12  
Very neat and clean install. Do you have the part # for the Prince valve ? I see a couple of different ones listed.

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #14  
I will be ordering one of the valves for mine... I work on construction equipment and have come up with a used electric solenoid/valve set up I was going to use with a toggle switch control to make it a clean hidden install. But after seeing your with the handle using the existing draft slot I like it. I will probably save the electric set up and use it as a front aux for a grapple etc.

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #15  
I like it too, very nice job. Mine is plumbed the traditional way, off the loader valve. I like the way you used the existing slot for the lever. I might do something like this with mine in the future, although I've got so much already in it I'll probably just leave it as is.

Thanks for posting the procedure pics, it's nice to see a different approach to the problem.

On another topic, I'm getting ready to start my quick attach for the loader soon, so I might be picking your brain on that one. I think the thread on that project has died out.

Sean

Rmart30, If I'm correct, you have an L4600????? I'm not sure what the flow rate is on that machine but its not like a rear remote needs a bunch of flow like a loader. Seeing that you work on construction equipment then that means that you probably have a tool box drawer full of hydraulic fittings and the such to do a rear remote install. The L4600 might have enough room to add a 2 spool valve in the same basic location? I really dont have a need for a 2 spool valve, but do have a need for the single spool. If you do this, take lots of pictures and come back.
Chilly, your back, havent chatted with you in a while. I forgot that you were going to build a quick attach. Summer is all most here, time to head back to the shop and get that done. Need some brain picking ? No problem, just let me know. I Finely got the chance to start building another bucket for the tractor. This one will be for picking rocks this summer, look for it in the "Build it yourself" some time soon.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Steve

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #17  
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the great write up with all the pictures. I really like it. I love your creativity. I have had thoughts of putting a valve down in the same general area on my L3800. I wil be stealing some of your ideas when I do this. I have a four spool sectional Gressen valve I bought years ago for a different project that never got used. It is brand new in the box and got it for a great price. Was suprised nobody was bidding on it. I have had thoughts of turning two of the spools into the loader controls if I decided I want the joystick off the loader frame. Don't know why I would do that other than a fun project. I have the backhoe subframe on mine which leaves a big area underneath between the subframe that seems like a good spot to mount the valve and protect it with a skidplate if needed. Thanks again for the great post.

Russ

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #18  
Very nice install. Thanks for posting.

Again, thanks for the kind words. Russ, glad you liked the build. So, replace your 2 spool valve with the 4 spool valve on the loader frame. Joystick the first 2 spools to run the loader and bucket, individual sticks on the next 2 spools, 1 to run aux to the loader (grapple?) and the 4th to run a rear remote? or run 4 hoses to the rear for 2 rear remotes? I like that idea.
Steve

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #20  
Rmart30, If I'm correct, you have an L4600????? I'm not sure what the flow rate is on that machine but its not like a rear remote needs a bunch of flow like a loader. Seeing that you work on construction equipment then that means that you probably have a tool box drawer full of hydraulic fittings and the such to do a rear remote install. The L4600 might have enough room to add a 2 spool valve in the same basic location? I really dont have a need for a 2 spool valve, but do have a need for the single spool. If you do this, take lots of pictures and come back.

Steve

Yes, I have a L4600 and hydraulic fittings aren't a problem. I have a portable hose crimper on my service truck and can make any hose I need also.
I will probably stick with a single spool set up for now for rear remotes. If I add another it will be for a grapple and it wouldn't be left on there all the time... if I had to I could get by with just rear remotes and run grapple hoses back to there.
Building skid plates is priority over everything right now. Everything on the bottom is way too exposed for what Im using the tractor for .