Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way.

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way.
Rmart30,
I need a rear remote to run a down pressure attachment for a post hole auger, after that then I'm not too sure what I would use a rear remote for but pretty sure it will come in handy someday. Right now I'm modifying an old maunure bucket to dig up some sandstone this summer to build a retaining wall and not sure if I need a grapple or not. I,m like you, if I need to then I could run some hoses all the way to the front. Most people convert to 2 rear remotes to run a "Top-n-tilt" so just curious what you are doing with a rear remote?
Steve

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #22  
Rmart30,
I need a rear remote to run a down pressure attachment for a post hole auger, after that then I'm not too sure what I would use a rear remote for but pretty sure it will come in handy someday. Right now I'm modifying an old maunure bucket to dig up some sandstone this summer to build a retaining wall and not sure if I need a grapple or not. I,m like you, if I need to then I could run some hoses all the way to the front. Most people convert to 2 rear remotes to run a "Top-n-tilt" so just curious what you are doing with a rear remote?
Steve

If you are using that PHD on anything other than flat ground, it is really nice to have a hydraulic side link to straighten the PHD out so that the hole is plumb. :cool:

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #23  
Sweet job! Not sure you learned that from Red Green- didn't see any duct tape!
Love your work. If the women don't find you handsome....

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #24  
Rmart30,
Most people convert to 2 rear remotes to run a "Top-n-tilt" so just curious what you are doing with a rear remote? Steve

I will be using a hyd top link mostly... Im not a farmer or own a farm to upkeep. I have a ten thousand acre hunting lease with 100 food plots and 125 miles of roads and trails to maintain. I need the hyd top link on the 4600 only to gain more rear ground clearance on my rotary cutter when crossing some of the creeks and ditches where it hangs up at. I also need one rear remote for angling my scrape blade when Im using it.
So far I dont have anything else that requires more than one rear remote. The only thing I see in my future that would need more than 1 rear remote is a large landpride scrape blade I have my eye on that the 4600 would not pull. If I can get it some day I will put it behind my 100 hp Deere which already has dual rear remotes.

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way.
MtnviewRanch. I hope to get started on a machine shed this summer ( post & frame style) and the ground here is solid shale. That makes for some pretty tough digging and have high hopes that a down pressure attachment will help drilling post holes. The ground is flat so got lucky there. I can see where a hydraulic tilt would be handy in hilly situations and I hope that I'm at the end of drilling holes on the property and will never need one.

Hazmat Ranger, Yeah, I was fresh out of duct tape and was forced to use nuts, bolts and a welder for the install. I have some on order so maybe the next build wont disapoint.

Rmart30. I have never used a hydraulic top link and I can see where one could come in pretty handy for what you described. I JUST had to have a front blade for plowing snow and found a 4 way dozer blade so now the rear blade just sits there looking useless. There are 2 bolts that can be removed for plowing snow (spring trip) or put the bolts in for doing dirt work or spreading gravel, works very well.
125 miles of roads and trails to maintain? Now that will keep a guy busy for a weekend eh?

B4.jpg B15.jpg

/ Kubota "L" series rear remote, the hard way. #26  
Luckily snow is something we rarely have to worry about.... Yup, 125 miles .. its constant work to maintain that amount of acreage. Not to mention the maintaining of 5 tractors, more than a dozen implements and 2 single axle dump trucks in my "spare time". ...... I need a vacation ..:)