Oil & Fuel Kubota L185/Zen-Noh ZL1501 - Trouble Priming Injector Pump

/ Kubota L185/Zen-Noh ZL1501 - Trouble Priming Injector Pump
Attached to this reply is a few pictures of the pump internals and a short video of what I see when moving the throttle lever. The lever closest to the camera moves slightly when the spring tension increases and it can be manually pushed about 3/4" toward the rear of the tractor. The lever farthest from the camera won't budge even if I lightly pry on it in either direction. Is that lever supposed to move with the throttle?

20190812_085539.jpg20190812_085546.jpg20190812_085600.jpg20190812_085539.jpg

So I ended up pulling the injector pump and it appears everything is locked up. Both "pistons" appear to be locked in upward position and the rack pin is stuck in one position. I am soaking it in a 80/20 mix of seafoam and gas (hopefully that's not going to ruin any o-rings etc. so yell at me if that's wrong)

Going to give it a few hours and see if I can free anything up. I do no intend on opening up the pump as I have read plenty of threads regarding the intricacy and delicate nature of this assembly.

Ok so at this point the control rack is 98% freed up, and both plungers are free. My next question is, do the plungers have a spring that returns them to the lower position? Currently if I turn the pump upside down both plungers fall back into their respective cylinders. I'm wondering if the springs aren't stuck or broken.

/ Kubota L185/Zen-Noh ZL1501 - Trouble Priming Injector Pump #14  
Yes, they have springs that return the rollers to make contact w/ the cam..
If the rack is free u either broke the rack or segments or the plungers are indeed free & u have 2 broken return springs..

So I dove in a little deeper this morning. I pulled the rollers from the from the cylinders and it looks like both plungers are stuck in the upright position, so I only had the rollers free but not the rest of the plunger components. I put the pump back in the seafoam to hopefully free them up. If I do get them loose, how can I tell if I broke something on the rack assembly?

/ Kubota L185/Zen-Noh ZL1501 - Trouble Priming Injector Pump #16  
If the rack moves & the plungers don't.. U def. broke something..
How about a pic of the PUMP.??
Under the rollers is a timing shim.. OR the rollers themselves are the timing shims.. KEEP THEM W THEIR ORIGINAL HOLE..
Are u in the States.?? I don't recom. fishing around inside that pump.. Your best bet would be to put the tappets BACK IN & call a professional..

The rack moves side to side freely. I measured shims and they seemed the same so I threw it all in some seafoam for cleaning, hopefully I didn't make a big mistake there. The plungers are still fully depressed and wont free up. I am in Missouri and I'm open to sending the pump for rebuild. I just wanted to try and free up the "oil side" before throwing in the towel. Who should I contact and what can I expect to pay for a rebuild?

Does anyone have any good material on the timing procedure for these pumps? i.e. when to adjust shims etc. I've got a 50/50 chance of putting these back correctly but out of curiosity I'd like to know the tuning procedure and what to look for on engines that are not tuned properly.

/ Kubota L185/Zen-Noh ZL1501 - Trouble Priming Injector Pump #20  
There are or should be, thin metal shims under the pump..
They like to stick either on the block or on the pump..
The timing is a bit in-depth.. Your going to have to look it up & have a copy on hand while u do it..
.. use a Kubota as a guide.. UNLESS u make a major change to the engine.. new block, new crank.. that kinda thing..
The timing will stay very close to the factory setting..