Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #11  
All loaders are rated to lift at full height. All loaders will lift considerably more a foot or two off the ground.

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #12  
Let's make sure we're comparing spec's to spec's.

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #13  
Yes, apples to apples is an important consideration. In the past mid bucket lift capacity (or 500mm ahead of pivot pins) was a common spec. More recently, lift and breakout force at pivot pins is more universal. Some companies (Kubota) give both. Others, (Kioti) give only the pivot pin data. Not certain about JD, NH etc but I am think they give pivot pin data +/- the mid bucket.

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #14  
You didn't mention uses for the tractor. If you're driving across your lawn, weight is an enemy. If you're pulling a ground engaging implement, weight is your friend. You can put weight in the front bucket and let your front wheels help pull an implement.

If Kubota hasn't moved the brake pedals over to the left, you won't be able to "brake steer" using L or R rear brakes independently. I use brake steering while mowing my fields all the time in tight spots, trees, etc...

JD has had a "smart" ehydro tranny out for years and they have proven to be very reliable. Trust me, if they weren't, you'd hear about it here many times over.

They are both good machines but there is no "hands down" winner. The clincher should be the dealer's reputation.

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #15  
Anybody come down to these two tractors before deciding what to buy? If so, which one did you buy and why?

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1995 JD 870. I like the smaller frame size but would like a few more horsepower (and a new tractor!!!:)). Unsure if I'd go GST/PowerReverser (I prefer Kubota's GST) OR HST/ehydo (I prefer Deere's two pedal ehydo). If I go with Deere I may also move up to the 3720. The L3540 is Kubota's most powerful in that frame size, unfortunately.

I'm still not comfortable with the Deere's 3x20 series stability issues and the Kubota seems like more tractor for the buck. However I do like the layout/ergonomics of the Deere better.

Decisions, decisions. Any input would be welcome, especially from people who specifically compared these two models.
Do you have a Kioti dealer near you?I looked at quite a few tractors brands before buying my 2008 Kioti DK40se,including a Kubota grand L4240.Not trying to sway you one way or the other since I own a few kubota products myself,they make fine products IMHO.Maybe you can have a dealer demo the tractors you are interested in at your property.coobie

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #16  
If Kubota hasn't moved the brake pedals over to the left, you won't be able to "brake steer" using L or R rear brakes independently. I use brake steering while mowing my fields all the time in tight spots, trees, etc...

Sure you can.....Use the cruise control lever and have at it, I do all the time and works like a charm, then go back to normal once straight again.

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #17  
Why is it that this tread "Kubota L3540 vsDeere 3520" has been inondated by people recomending other brands. Its about impossible to carry on a conversation about two machines when 3/4 of the theads are people saying "how about this".

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #18  
Why is it that this tread "Kubota L3540 vsDeere 3520" has been inondated by people recomending other brands. Its about impossible to carry on a conversation about two machines when 3/4 of the theads are people saying "how about this".

Because we are not all Kubota salesmen.:p

And, precisely two posts mentioned "how about this" alternative. The other posts from non Kubota dealers are mostly generic discussion of loader capacity measurement etc.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #19  
I live in the beautiful state of Texas, and down here we have more American pride than most States. If you have a quality American brand that will do the job, down here we just want to buy and support American company's (regardless of even if some parts are made elsewhere). Not to mention John Deere's make a heck of a tractor and have great customer support. As they say, nothing runs like a Deere. :D

/ Kubota L3540 vs. Deere 3520 #20  
I live in the beautiful state of Texas, and down here we have more American pride than most States. If you have a quality American brand that will do the job, down here we just want to buy and support American company's (regardless of even if some parts are made elsewhere). Not to mention John Deere's make a heck of a tractor and have great customer support. As they say, nothing runs like a Deere. :D

I'd love to see a parts list on a Deere 3520 showing country of origin. Doubt there are many US made parts at all.

PS. Nothing runs like a Deere being chased by a Coyote.;)