Kubota L3710 Pitman Arm

/ Kubota L3710 Pitman Arm #11  
Wholly cow! Spoke to the local welding supply and they recommended 4099 Nickel welding rod $110 lbs comes in a two pound package and there's a "special metal surcharge" of some kind. Total cost ends up being about $250.

A second place has the same rod and a 55 for about $50 a pound. That's better. Said there's 17 or so 1/8" rods to a pound.

I think you may be correct that the part is forged. Would make more sense. Can anyone tell from the pictures? Looks lighter than the material in the video. That welding wire looks great but isn't cost effective for this project.

If I had the old milling machine setup this part might be fabricated "fairly easily."

Thank you for the link to the video.
The part is less than $150. Why would seriously consider welding it? It fits more than just your tractor, you might find a good used for even less.

/ Kubota L3710 Pitman Arm
Good morning all. A used one is $170 plus shipping and taxes. It did seem hard to locate a used one as only one place called back. In the end we ordered a new one since it's quite a bit to disassemble and replace. It probably is forged as the grain is quite fine. I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you.