Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #11  
That's the numbers posted on tractordata.com, same as I posted before him.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #12  
Are you sure that is right - dumb question. But I have an L3010 and the 3 pt hitch is much stronger

2870 lbs at the lift points (ball ends)
2310 lbs 24" behind that

gg

The economy Kubotas have a curiously low three point capacity. I know the MX series is seriously lacking compared to the Grand Ls of the same size.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees
Thanks guys,

Your comments are very informative. I think its fair to say this tractor easily reaches its limit when we talk about logging. I checked the specs of various tractors, for example the JD 3038e which I think is comparable, and the lifting power is in the same range. Seems to be another story when we talk about one size larger, let’s say any 45-48 hp models. Lifting power jumps over 2000 pounds.

I’m wondering what you guys do with this kind of logs with the tractor you use, one at a time or more than that ?

Thanks alot

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #14  
Edit; our machines are comparable, and I wouldn't attempt that big of a load.They only weigh +-2900 lbs.

If 28 feet is the length you need I would bring them out one at a time. Otherwise I would cut them to length in the woods and bring 1 or both of the butt logs out, then go back for the tops.
The 3PTH capacity is only one thing to consider; if you're thrashing and tearing to get the twitch out there's always a chance of breaking something. Sometimes it's better and quicker to go lighter and make 2 trips.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #15  
Thanks guys,

Your comments are very informative. I think its fair to say this tractor easily reaches its limit when we talk about logging. I checked the specs of various tractors, for example the JD 3038e which I think is comparable, and the lifting power is in the same range. Seems to be another story when we talk about one size larger, let’s say any 45-48 hp models. Lifting power jumps over 2000 pounds.

I’m wondering what you guys do with this kind of logs with the tractor you use, one at a time or more than that ?

Thanks alot

I often have to cut even single logs into manageable chunks. I'm not thrilled with the L3301's logging performance, it's 1000% better than the way I was doing things before I had a tractor, but the standard Ls are light. I'd love a second, larger tractor for pulling. I'd still keep the 3301 as it's great for things like moving dirt, stone, and mulch around without tearing up the yard, as well as other light tasks.

There's a phrase that I've heard on here, "tractor shrink". Basically, there seems to be two versions of this, the first is that you gain spacial awareness of the tractor the same as you have for a car, and put it places that you wouldn't have dreamed of before, the second is that after a certain amount of time you bump into the limits of your tractor enough that it "shrinks", and you start only seeing what it can't do, vs. everything you take for granted that it just does. Just something to keep in mind.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #16  
I often have to cut even single logs into manageable chunks. I'm not thrilled with the L3301's logging performance, it's 1000% better than the way I was doing things before I had a tractor, but the standard Ls are light. I'd love a second, larger tractor for pulling. I'd still keep the 3301 as it's great for things like moving dirt, stone, and mulch around without tearing up the yard, as well as other light tasks.

There's a phrase that I've heard on here, "tractor shrink". Basically, there seems to be two versions of this, the first is that you gain spacial awareness of the tractor the same as you have for a car, and put it places that you wouldn't have dreamed of before, the second is that after a certain amount of time you bump into the limits of your tractor enough that it "shrinks", and you start only seeing what it can't do, vs. everything you take for granted that it just does. Just something to keep in mind.
Very well put! 👍👍

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #17  
You can try taking them out top first so you lift the light end. In dirt they drag much harder that way but if you have good snow the dragging is much easier. I take them how ever they come easiest and often pull top first. Take heed of what Jstpssng says. You don't want to be always operating at the limits all the time. Like he says - dangerous when a sudden change occurs and hard on the equipment.

They must have changed the L series. The older ones like my 30 hp L3010 are heavier and stronger. Mine weighs 5000 lbs the way it is set up.

CellarHoleCut (3).JPG

gg

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #18  
They must have changed the L series. The older ones like my 30 hp L3010 are heavier and stronger. Mine weighs 5000 lbs the way it is set up.

gg

Nope, you have an older "grand" L. The standard Ls, like the 3800, 2501, 3000, etc. are all lighter and weaker. Always have been.

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #19  
Another thing you could do/try - You said you had a skidding cone. Put that on one log and leave the choker a little long so it drags and pick up the other log on the winch. Just an idea. If it isn't a long skid out then one at a time might be the best. You loose a lot of time when things get complicated.

gg

/ Kubota L3800 3 pt lift capacity: can稚 lift trees #20  
Nope, you have an older "grand" L. The standard Ls, like the 3800, 2501, 3000, etc. are all lighter and weaker. Always have been.

There was no such thing as a Grand L when I bought it. Grand L wasn't invented yet. It is a year 2000 tractor.

gg