Kubota L3800

/ Kubota L3800 #21  
where are you in quebec,

I think you should first check out your hydraulic pressures. If you couldn't lift the log it was the pressure that was missing, the flow would just affect the speed. maybe the seal is shot on the log loader cylinder.

you need to get a gauge on your rear remotes and find out what pressure they are relieving at. If the quick connects are the same on your loader as on the rear remotes you can try to run the log loader on your FEL connections to troubleshoot pressures.

/ Kubota L3800
Beauce !

Good advices. I will have the dealer to come and measure/adjust that. Not the kind of stuff I am good at and not retired yet so not enough time to experiment !

Best,

/ Kubota L3800
   / Kubota L3800
Which Anderson log trailer do you have? Got any photos of it... they look pretty neat.

No picture. I have the smaller one which is plenty for my tractor. Very good reputation. I don’t go beyond 12 footers.

/ Kubota L3800 #27  
I'm from the canton de l'est. not too far in terms of the reach of this forum. i actually found my tractor near st george.

/ Kubota L3800
   / Kubota L3800 #29  
...What does that mean ? No relation no strength, just speed ?
I think you are talking about GPM vs. PSI, if that is correct... I'll try to explain, which I'm not good at. :D

If you compare 1 gallon per minute (GPM) to 10 gallons per minute but both produce the same PSI, both would be able to raise the same amount of weight but the 10 GPM would be 10 times faster. Since they both have the same PSI, the force to raise a certain amount of weight is the same for both, (the 1 GPM will get there, just a lot longer). Thus doesn't matter about strength, just speed.

If you have 2 different hydraulic cylinder, with the same exact PSI (pressure per square inch) and say the larger cylinder is 3 inch vs. 2 inch. The larger cylinder can lift more weight (strength) than the smaller 2 inch cylinder. Since more pressure can be applied to the larger 3" surface, so even if it's the same pressure, you have more surface to apply that pressure to.

Now because the 3" cylinder has more volume, it takes longer to fill up vs. the 2" cylinder and this is where how fast you can fill (GPM) comes into play... if you have a low GPM, it would take a longer time to fill a 3" vs. a 2" (thus, just speed).

Not sure if that's a good explanation....

Tractors with higher PSI but with the SAME SIZE diameter cylinder can lift more weigh. (clear as mud :D ??)

/ Kubota L3800 #30  
I think you are talking about GPM vs. PSI, if that is correct... I'll try to explain, which I'm not good at. :D

If you compare 1 gallon per minute (GPM) to 10 gallons per minute but both produce the same PSI, both would be able to raise the same amount of weight but the 10 GPM would be 10 times faster. Since they both have the same PSI, the force to raise a certain amount of weight is the same for both, (the 1 GPM will get there, just a lot longer). Thus doesn't matter about strength, just speed.

If you have 2 different hydraulic cylinder, with the same exact pressure, say the larger cylinder is 3 inch vs. 2 inch. The larger cylinder can lift more weight (strength) than the smaller 2 inch cylinder. Since more pressure can be applied to the larger 3" surface, so even if it's the same pressure, you have more surface to apply that pressure to.

Now because the 3" cylinder has more volume, it takes longer to fill up vs. the 2" cylinder and this is where how fast you can fill (GPM) comes into play... if you have a low GPM, it would take a longer time to fill a 3" vs. a 2" (thus, just speed).

Not sure if that's a good explanation....

Tractors with higher PSI (pressure per square inch) can lift more weight with the SAME SIZE diameter cylinder. (clear as mud :D ??)

I couldn't have done it better. :D