Comparison Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #11  
<font color="orange"> but has all the functions that a loader valve should have like lift & curl, dump and lower, speed dump, etc,etc. The deere is just 4 positions plus float. The common complaints with the 3000 series Deere's is that the direct inject engines smoke, the hood flops around </font>

Huh?!!! Maybe in the competitive product videos...

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #12  
there are several threads about the loader valve, thats simple fact. The floppy hood is also true, although I can see why someone would not really care about that. All direct inject engines smoke, the ones in the 4000 series are much worse than the 3000's. I do just repeat what I'm told to a point.. but hey, thats my job.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #13  
And my job is buggin' you! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<font color="orange"> All direct inject engines smoke, the ones in the 4000 series are much worse than the 3000's </font>

If that is the case, than 3000 series owners have nothing to worry about! My 4310 has zero smoke, so a 3000 probably cleans the air!!!!

I am kidding. Both are great machines. There are thngs to like about both. And I really like mine.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #14  
Jmakinst,

I think you should go with the Kubota. The tractor is going to do everything the Deere can do, plus have more 3pt and loader lift capacity. I have an older Grand L and have had wonderful use from it. They are very reliable machines.

The roughly #3000 in price difference will buy you a Woods Brush Bull 720 72" rotary cutter and a 72" KingKutter rotary tiller.

You should have the dealer perform the 200 hour maintenance and use SUDT fluid for the same price. That would be the icing on the cake...

jb

P.S. No matter which machine you get, mowing 40-50 acres is going to be an all day affair!

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #15  
Both are good machines. You should compare dealers in the area, ie who will be easiest to deal with in the future. Also try driving them, different people like different controls setup.

I have an L5030hstc and really enjoy the rocker hydro pedal but it displeases many JD owners to no end. Try and see what you like. My friend has a JD4310 with the light duty loader on it and my 5030 is in a whole different class of machine.

His is much better for mowing around houses etc with his belly mower. Mines a bit heavy and large for that stuff. I do some contract bushhogging with mine and my personal preference with be an even bigger older machine with a longer wheelbase for a smoother ride.
Ken

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #16  
Thanks! I was all set to order a new Deere until I found out about the floppy hood. How stupid could I have been? A floppy hood? Why I bet when I go down to the local feed store the stares and snickers would be unbearable! And a one inch drive shaft? How could Deere even call this a "tractor"? I'm glad to know that life is not complete without a "full function" loader valve. I guess all that dirt I moved without it was just my imagination, perhaps I "willed" it to move.
After reading what a poorly design tractor the Deere is I think I will sell all "Green" stuff in protest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Look, both tractors will get the job done and out live us all, the real questions are; do you like the treadle pedal or the two pedal control, do you like how they look and feel and what is a "new tractor" worth? All the rest of the stuff is just "Bench Racing".
Life is short if either tractor will get then buy what makes you feel good.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( All direct inject engines smoke, the ones in the 4000 series are much worse than the 3000's )</font>

Oddly, I've not seen ANY smoke from my 3520. Maybe it's broken? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As feared, this thread has somewhat turned into a 'color war'. I'd love to give some helpful information to the OP, but I've never driven the Kubota to see how it compares to my 3520. I'm sure it's a fine tractor- just like the Deere. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #18  
<font color="green"> As feared, this thread has somewhat turned into a 'color war'. </font>

Don't worry about half of this is fun jabbing. Neil Messick is a great guy, and I just have to jab at him. As a Ku**** Dealer his required by law to be hopelessy biased and enslaved to brand propaganda. You'd almost think he likes those things! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OK, as an aside I sat on a SWEET tractor today. A <font color="orange"> VERY ORANGE L39 </font> . Way nice.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #19  
Yup you can safely ignore the comment about direct injection engines smoking. That's just horse poo.
I have 3 diesel tractors and a truck, all DI and only one (a 1990 vintage) smokes a little when it's cold and idling.

Personally I think Deere should modernize their loader valve and offer the self leveling option on the 3000 series tractors.
But, I still purchased a 3720. The competition is pretty stiff these days though. I really like the NH TC series and I love the Kubota L48. It's hard to go wrong.

I too worried about the eHydro. I had to have a hydro transmission rebuilt once and it was really expensive. But I have yet to find someone that has had a problem with them.
They sure work nice.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #20  
Run a Deer then a JD. The 'bota motors are really quiet. The NH and JD are really noisy espec. the JD 4000 series. You have to wear ear plugs with blue and green not orange.