Comparison Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #21  
Noisy but the DI motors squeeze a little bit more efficiency outta each drop of fuel. And thats coming from a Kubota guy /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #22  
The poster is looking at a 3520, not 4000 series. It is really quiet.

I wear hearing protection more due to the mower than the engine.

Kubotas are really quiet.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'm leaning toward the Deere for a variety of reasons. I've been away from home for the last few days, so it's nice to come back to so much useful information.
I really like the eHydro transmission and the power it provides when digging into something (soil, mulch, etc...).
On the other side, the Kubota seems to be a much smoother ride.
Sincerely,
jmakinst

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the other side, the Kubota seems to be a much smoother ride )</font>

I amagine tha kubota is similar to the Deere in that there are several seat adjustments. There is also an available air ride seat upgrade. I am pretty sure the 20's have an isolated operator station (the deck is shock mounted to the chassis) this also seems to help.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520
I might have to look at the seat upgrade. That's a good suggestion.

I went back to the dealer today and ended up with two new issues.

First, the bucket on the Kubota, when filled, drifts over time. I had a load in the bucket and drove up and down a hill. By the time I got back it had dropped almost 6-8 inches. We then did a test with both tractors and the Deere didn't move at all, when loaded, and the Kubota dropped more than 2" in the same amount of time. Do you think this is an issue with this particular tractor or this model in general?

Second, one of the things I'm not crazy about in terms of the Deere especially is the overall width. It isn't near as wide as my old Ford 8N and I worry about rolling over when mowing on a hill. Keep in mind I'm in western PA, where just about everything is on a hill.

Thanks,
jmakinst

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #26  
Tire options affect the width a lot. There are two industrial choices. Ag tires can be set very wide (that is how mine are)

I also have my tires loaded, which keeps the weight down low.

I am from Western PA, so I know what you mean, - my place is much like it...

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #27  
Many L30 kubotas seem to need the o-rings replaced in the valve body from new. Some people (dargo) have had them leak from new. On mine the curl leaks but not the boom. I will pop the valve open some day and fire the new o-rings in.

I know what you mean about width, my friends 4310 is extremly narrow at its narrowest setting and not really wide at its widest. Maybe there are some wider rim centres available from mother Deere?

He has had to get his e-hydro wiring harness repaired once but other than that no other electrical problems with the hydro. The kubotas hydro has no electronics in it.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Second, one of the things I'm not crazy about in terms of the Deere especially is the overall width.)</font>

As stated before, tire selection can really impact overall width. Here's the specs from the 3520 owner's manual:

Overall Width w/ R1 Tires (Minimum) 1.3 m (52.4 in.)
Overall Width w/ R1 Tires (Maximum) 1.7 m (68.4 in.)
Overall Width w/ R3 Tires (Minimum) 1.4 m (53.9 in.)
Overall Width w/ R3 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (59.1 in.)
Overall Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.5 m (58.1 in.)
Overall Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (59.7 in.)
Overall Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.4 m (57.3 in.)
Overall Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (58.9 in.)
Overall Width w/ Golf Tires (Minimum) 1.5 m (59.5 in.)
Overall Width w/ Golf Tires (Maximum) 1.6 m (64.7 in.)

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( By the time I got back it had dropped almost 6-8 inches
)</font>

This is not normal. As was said, it needs a new o-ring in either the valve or one of the cylinders.

/ Kubota L3830 versus John Deere 3520 #30  
Don't know a thing about the Deere's but can tell you my L3830 HST has been superb. The two things about the L3830 that I compared to the others ( 2 years ago) was engine and HST. The Kubotas are second to none. I will not tell you as so many others have posted at TBN that "their tractor does all they ask of it". Mine does not, perhaps I ask to much or maybe they don't ask enough. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Seriously though, I really like the LA 723, its quick, easy to mount/unmount and strudy. Just all around a great tractor.