Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional?

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #41  
I bought a Branson 3510i some 15 years ago after looking at other tractors from name brands like Kubota. For the same hp and less money, the Branson was made with far heavier metal. Also looked at Mahindra, it was similar to the Branson but the local dealer carried Branson. Haven't had much need for service, but that dealer has given very good support.

From tractordata.com, looks like the Mahindra 5145 weighs 5390 lbs, the Kubota L4802 is around 3500 lbs.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #42  
I own both Mahindra and Kubota. Have the 4035 Mahindra from 2010. The thing is a beast, but there is always something not quite working right on it. Be it a fuel line issue, hydraulic leaks, dashboard malfunction, etc. Never anything to keep it from working, other than the fuel line leaking, but always just something not quite perfect. My Kubotas, while both larger tractors, seem to pale in comparison to what I can do with the Mahindra. The Mahindra just seems to be more stable. But I went with Kubota the second and third times because the Mahindra dealer in my area was shaky, and now not even here anymore. But I've got 3 Kubota dealerships within 25 miles of me. And the Kubotas are just much nicer tractors, of course they're 10 years newer.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #43  
I bought a Branson 3510i some 15 years ago after looking at other tractors from name brands like Kubota. For the same hp and less money, the Branson was made with far heavier metal. Also looked at Mahindra, it was similar to the Branson but the local dealer carried Branson. Haven't had much need for service, but that dealer has given very good support.

From tractordata.com, looks like the Mahindra 5145 weighs 5390 lbs, the Kubota L4802 is around 3500 lbs.
They aren’t comparable machines. The Mahindra 5145 is better compared to a M series Kubota.

Last edited:
   / Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #44  
Have you viewed the Mahindra threads here or anywhere else? Before I bought mine, the dealer said check out this TBN site, or online reviews and decide for yourself. There are better and worse brands out there, but when there is greater $$$ difference between brands there may be loyalists that must reconcile the added costs in their minds so as to not seem taken by marketing. The best tractor out there is the one that fulfills the owners needs.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #45  
Most owners will never own their tractor long enough to worry about replacing a DPF.

I have seen this repeated occasionally on the forum. Knowing diesel mechanics and having owned DPF equipment since 2007, when people claim they will outlive the tractor or done other ridiculous statement, it makes me wonder where you get this idea?

DPF systems are on the leading edge of unreliability. Not even close to being called “reliable”, much less “problem free” or “full of longevity”.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #46  
Because that is what the salesman has told them. And it must be true. DPF has been around for what, less than 10 years? And people make claims based on what? Experience? Statistics? We have less than 10 years of real data 🤣. Just like "safe and effective". There is no real data, just a good sales pitch from those who stand to profit. The best DPF equipped tractor, is the one that can run without the DPF. Sadly all but one mfg have placed a kill code in the tractor so it will not operate without it.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #47  
If you see how much the EPA has been persuing delete kits and any type of defeat, the only option anymore is pre emissions vehicles

One good thing about mahindra is their resale is abysmal. I got my 50hp with a loader for 1/4 of the green tractor price on similar vintage used

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #48  
I have seen this repeated occasionally on the forum. Knowing diesel mechanics and having owned DPF equipment since 2007, when people claim they will outlive the tractor or done other ridiculous statement, it makes me wonder where you get this idea?

DPF systems are on the leading edge of unreliability. Not even close to being called “reliable”, much less “problem free” or “full of longevity”.
I pulled it out of my a$$. 🤣

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #49  
Deleted by RJ

Last edited: