Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional?

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #21  
What I've seen over the past 50 years ........is that dealers, mergers, mechanics and sales people come and go. What looks good today may not be so tomorrow.

Cheers,
Mike
Or you move.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #22  
One was an engine/fuel injection issue, which has become a known defect on the 2502
A known defect on the 2502? I guess I missed that part. That sounds like a problem. What make of 2502 has the known defect? I'm guessing here that there are different tractors all referred to as a 2502. Anyone know?
I'm always a bit out of date on newest tractors.
rScotty

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #23  
A known defect on the 2502? I guess I missed that part. That sounds like a problem. What make of 2502 has the known defect? I'm guessing here that there are different tractors all referred to as a 2502. Anyone know?
I'm always a bit out of date on newest tractors.
rScotty
The Kubota L2502 is the new version of the L2501

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #24  
The Kubota L2502 is the new version of the L2501
I do know that, but I don't think that Clover Farms was referring to a Kubota when he said it had a known defect. At least I haven't heard of any. So I wondered if I might have missed them or it might be some other 25 hp. manufacturer.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #25  
I would be careful if the mahindra dealer is really a lawn mower dealer that sells tractors. That's what ours is and they change what brands they sell weekly.

That being said, I have had terrible experiance with all dealers I need , JD , mahindra.

The kubota dealer was helpful when i wanted a quote for something, it was just triple what I ended up paying

Both me and my buddy have mahindras. Mines 30 years old, his is 10. I would only reccomend a 3 digit mahindra ie 485 or something of similar vintage

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional?
First off thank you all for the feedback and recommendations. I ended up pulling the trigger on the L4802 and so far it’s made clearing my new land a breeze, especially with the grapple - saved my back! My dealer has already been a huge help. I made the right choice over Mahindra to have quality dealers and a plethora of online support.

Thanks again for all the feedback I received!

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #27  
First off thank you all for the feedback and recommendations. I ended up pulling the trigger on the L4802 and so far it’s made clearing my new land a breeze, especially with the grapple - saved my back! My dealer has already been a huge help. I made the right choice over Mahindra to have quality dealers and a plethora of online support.

Thanks again for all the feedback I received!

Post some photos of your new machine! (Little known TBN rule requires pictures of any new tractors).

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional?
Post some photos of your new machine! (Little known TBN rule requires pictures of any new tractors)
Sorry I meant to. This is her before and after being baptized in mud. She did some great work!

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpeg
    IMG_0949.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 144
   / Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #29  
Nice. Those R14 type tires will be going on my tractor in the next year or two, at least on the front if the measurements pan out.

/ Kubota L4802 vs Mahindra 5145 - Kubota $10k more, less functional? #30  
IF you are capable of doing ur own maintenance and can dabble in some of your own repairs like fixing a hydraulic leak. Then ur dependence on the dealer is minimal. I have massey and after I purchased mine. The salesman just happen to drive out to see how I was doing with my new toy. Its not a short drive either about 40 minutes. So i thought that was good of him. I bought my tractor new in 2016 and have never had to take it in. I do purchase filters if the deal is good. So I switch suppliers once in a while. Honestly its about 50/50 when i use the dealer or the other for my oils and filters.

One has to keep in mind if its during planting or harvesting season and you get put on the back burner for a bit. Thats understandable. A dealer has to take care of its main customers. Now that doesn't mean to not take care of Joe dirt at some point. I could understand a weeks delay maybe a bit longer. Anything after that I would get concerned.

My theory on the good dealer is that you most likely aren't gonna use them but we all know every brand has THAT tractor. I didnt go to the lengths others have mentioned here as far as talking to the service guy and all that. I researched them online. Mostly good reviews. My salesman seemed to pretty honest. And Im just a one tractor customer so it wasn't much of a concern for me. If you handy buy tech books on ur tractor and then if you have some sort of medium repair you can have a guide.