KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil

/ KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil #11  
Have to say I've never seen a used tractor sold at a dealer with any service records except when it was under warranty. Maybe a private sale, the owner might bur even then it's a crapshoot.... and I especially don't trust a stealer who changes fluids prior to selling a used unit. I want to see dirty oil on the dipsticks (engine and gearbox) which is exactly what the M9 I bought had. If it had had clean fresh oil, I wouldn't have bought it.

Of course I didn't expect a JD dealer to know squat about a Kubota anyway. Good for me actually.

if it an't green, a JD dealer is in the dark.:laughing:

/ KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil
Used tractors don't usually have any warranty unless specifically specified by the dealer when purchased. A used unit is almost always bought as is.

Just went through that with the 2004 M9 I bought used from a JD dealer but before I bought it, I really went over it on their lot, because I already owned on I knew what I was looking at and for. I spent almost 2 hours (in the rain) going over the machine so there was no surprises. Interesting, the JD dealer didn't know what he had, a pre emissions M9000 is like a gold bar, especially when it comes with a loader with SSQA 3 sets of remotes and good tires so I was really surprised when the dealer told me 18. After I went over it and knew what I was getting into, I bought it on the spot.

When I got it home, I put about 2K in it. Needed some seals and bushings and new tie rod ends, A new tube in the RR, a new seat and some cosmetic stuff but overalll I'm happy to have a mechanically injected turbo charged inter cooled tractor and like I said, owning one just like it (bought that one new), I knew exactly what to look for.

Personally, I believe you have internal issues that only a compression check will uncover. I'd take it to a reputable Kubota dealer or do it yourself, a compression test isn't that complex, you use the glow plugs to access the cylinders and the WSM will give you the correct values. Blowby is telling. Kubota uses a full cheek crank so there should be little blowby because the volume in the crankcase remains basically unchanged. The blowby is coming from the cylinders.

You won't know much of anything without a compression test.

The only reason why i say "warrenty" is because when i bought it, i knew it had fuel problems that were supposedly fixed and seems that way. When i did the deal i had a dozen or 15 things to fix on it, like hyd leaks and so on, nothing too major. Last thing i said was to go over the entire tractor engine and all, make sure this thing is 100%, and it was at my cost. So if they missed this imo its there fault. If i would have known there was $5000? $10,000? in engine repairs i probably wouldn't have bought it unless it was fixed at there cost. No idea what an in-frame is worth on these little motors, i just did my ISX cummis in my lonestar with less than 600,000 kms and it was 48 thousand bucks, so when i hear the word "in-frame" i feel a pain in my a s s where my wallet is. Lol.

/ KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil #13  
The only reason why i say "warrenty" is because when i bought it, i knew it had fuel problems that were supposedly fixed and seems that way. When i did the deal i had a dozen or 15 things to fix on it, like hyd leaks and so on, nothing too major. Last thing i said was to go over the entire tractor engine and all, make sure this thing is 100%, and it was at my cost. So if they missed this imo its there fault. If i would have known there was $5000? $10,000? in engine repairs i probably wouldn't have bought it unless it was fixed at there cost. No idea what an in-frame is worth on these little motors, i just did my ISX cummis in my lonestar with less than 600,000 kms and it was 48 thousand bucks, so when i hear the word "in-frame" i feel a pain in my a s s where my wallet is. Lol.

Fuel pump followers let go on your ISX? You can do an 'in frame' on that motor for less than 5. Much less if you do it yourself. Talking USD here not your loonie-toonie money.:D

Don't do anything without checking the compression first. having said that I'm assuming you don't have coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant?

For 48, I could have got you a reman ISX installed and we still could have went to dinner at a high class joint and got a massage to boot.

You see, I retired from a Western Star dealership, 26 years of Class 8 diesels. Kubota engines are tinker toys.

/ KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil
Fuel pump followers let go on your ISX? You can do an 'in frame' on that motor for less than 5. Much less if you do it yourself. Talking USD here not your loonie-toonie money.:D

Don't do anything without checking the compression first. having said that I'm assuming you don't have coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant?

For 48, I could have got you a reman ISX installed and we still could have went to dinner at a high class joint and got a massage to boot.

You see, I retired from a Western Star dealership, 26 years of Class 8 diesels. Kubota engines are tinker toys.

Actually a cylinder shim went in it, sounds like its a flawed design at cummins. They said they have done tons of those in-frames in the ISX cummins because the shims go.

But the coolant looks fine i checked that right away, looks nice and clean, and if there is any coolant in the oil it aint much, because i dont notice it. Lol. The level of the coolant has stayed exactly the same so i'm thinking its all good there. Ya the compression test was going to be my first step, dont think my tractor has glow plugs, couldn't see any anyways and the light dosen't go on if ya hit the key. Unless its a temperature thing.

/ KUBOTA M100X - Burning Oil #16  
Actually a cylinder shim went in it, sounds like its a flawed design at cummins. They said they have done tons of those in-frames in the ISX cummins because the shims go.

But the coolant looks fine i checked that right away, looks nice and clean, and if there is any coolant in the oil it aint much, because i dont notice it. Lol. The level of the coolant has stayed exactly the same so i'm thinking its all good there. Ya the compression test was going to be my first step, dont think my tractor has glow plugs, couldn't see any anyways and the light dosen't go on if ya hit the key. Unless its a temperature thing.

Cummins pulled some 'shots' with the ISX series. My favorite is the self destructing fuel pump followers. Ceramic followers don'd do well floating in the lube oil. Makes for a real bad bearing day. You have glo plugs in your Kubby.