Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #11  
on the M5040 you can opt for a hydraulic shuttle. the 5055E and 5640 are sync shuttle transmissions. as for build quality i don't see a whole lot of difference between the 3.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #12  
Here's a question. I've heard many people expound on the virtuals of having a skid steer compatible mount on the FEL. Why? If you have a skid steer I would understand it. If not why? I've seen all the attachments. Unless you're using the tractor as a skidsteer. I don't understand. Just my 2 cents.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #13  
I was recently in the market to buy a new tractor. I settled on the JD 5075E and the Kubota M7040SUD. Both are basic tractors. I liked the JD parts availability (their Website for parts and such is the best of an brand) and the JD name. However, the tractor itself was very basic, with NO special features. The Kubota, also a good name with good resale, was also basic, but it offered a platform station, wet PTO clutch, and a more modern dash. In the end, I went with the Kubota. The price for both was roughly the same, but I liked the features the Kubota provided. The FEL loader specs are roughly the same, and with either, I probably wouldn't feel comfortable testing the limits. The buckets hold roughly half a yard and there isn't much that weighs over 2000lbs per half yard. So, for bucket work, both should work fine. Pallet forks are a different story, but again the specs are almost the same.

One piece of advice I keep reading on here is when the tractors are roughly the same, both good brands, go with the better dealer.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #14  
Thats interesting. I'm surprised that the 5055E is thought of as less of a tractor is it the Transmission?

:D

I don't think you can simply look at the stats. I know you haven't had luck finding any of them but you really need to look at each, sit on them, and test drive each one. A no thrills tractor is going to be just that. An engine on wheels. A upper end model will be more refined, nicer gauges, nicer seat, better ergonomics, possibly smoother operation, over all just nicer. Each will get the job done but that's like saying any new car will get you to where you need to go, the question is will you be happy with just getting there?

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #15  
I don't think you can simply look at the stats. I know you haven't had luck finding any of them but you really need to look at each, sit on them, and test drive each one. A no thrills tractor is going to be just that. An engine on wheels. A upper end model will be more refined, nicer gauges, nicer seat, better ergonomics, possibly smoother operation, over all just nicer. Each will get the job done but that's like saying any new car will get you to where you need to go, the question is will you be happy with just getting there?

Very good points, I spent some time on our M8540 yesterday and was again reminded the extra cost was well worth it. It isn't for everyone, but for me it sure was.

Another poster mentioned a Hydraulic Shuttle Shift wasn't important, I didn't think it would be either as our old tractor was a Synch Shuttle Shift and worked OK, boy am I glad I got the Hydraulic Shuttle Shift.

YMMV

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #16  
Here's a question. I've heard many people expound on the virtuals of having a skid steer compatible mount on the FEL. Why? If you have a skid steer I would understand it. If not why? I've seen all the attachments. Unless you're using the tractor as a skid steer. I don't understand. Just my 2 cents.

I have an L4400 Kubota TLB with the Quick Attach. It all boils down to versatility. I have a small side business, as well as a large (1200 acre) piece of Forrest land that I take care of, and the most affordable way for me to get as much bang for my buck was to go with a Quick attach. I have pallet forks, a 72" bucket with a tooth bar, and a Markham Grapple bucket. I also had the Third function valve installed. I am also going to buy a used skid steer in the near future, and all the above attachments can be used on that machine. For the DYI, home owner, a quick attach, in my opinion doubles the usefulness of a TLB.

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 718
   / Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #17  
It wasn't to many years ago when three of the brands of skids we sold had three different quick attaches that left the buckets and other attachments brand dedicated!

So for pallet forks we had to stock three brands!!!

Pricing on all three style forks was around 1300 dollars retail!!!! (we gotcha pricing)

Today about twenty years later we sell pallet forks for 900!!! We don't need to stock three styles and worry about inventory costs!

Just think, that for people that are smart enough to purchase the generic quick attach systems how much money they can save! Twenty years ago price 1300, today price generic 900! Savings to be had by the wise buyer!!!!

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #18  
Here's a question. I've heard many people expound on the virtuals of having a skid steer compatible mount on the FEL. Why? If you have a skid steer I would understand it. If not why? I've seen all the attachments. Unless you're using the tractor as a skidsteer. I don't understand. Just my 2 cents.

I have 2 utility tractors, both have skid steer quick attach loaders.

I have
2 general purpose buckets
1 digging bucket (has teeth)
1 root grapple
1 set loader forks

2 machines, 5 attachments, all can be switched in less than 60 seconds. :thumbsup:
That my friend, is why you have skid steer quick attach attachments. ;)

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #19  
I test drove both the JD5055E and the M5040.
I chose the M5040 for several reasons.
Better dealer support was a major influence but the nicer operator station and hydro-shuttle option weighed heavily.
In the end I just preferred the M5040.

The 5040 does come standard with one rear remote.

I also test drove the MX5100 HST it's a heck of a machine for the money.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #20  
Bought a M6040 this spring with the hydraulic shuttle. After 6 months I can say with conviction it was the right choice for me. Great little work horse! Engine is better than anything made in India and the hyd. shuttle is quick and effortless, my left knee is especially grateful after 8 hours of repetitive work like digging or stacking.