Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #21  
Best part of the Kubotas are the same speeds available in forward as reverse when working with the loader! No ranges to change and all speeds forward as in reverse.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #22  
OK, I understand that if you have a SS and a tractor to have the same mounting but if you have 2 tractors and I'll use the JD's as an example then have the QA's on both tractors be JD QA's. Now please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start anything negative just trying to understand the practicalities. Doesn't Kubotaba have their own QA's? Same thing with Mahindra and others? If you have multiple tractors don't you usually go with the same brand if for no other reason to only deal with one dealer/service etc? I guess to answer my own question if you have a large enough operation and multiple brands of equipment then go with a common attachment system. I also think I brought this up because in past posts I've read where a member was questioning their first purchase and many have said to go with the SS QA's even when a poster would probably never have more than one machine. In my case I have 3 machines, a JD with JD's QA, a recently purchased SS, and an older vintage Power King. Most of my attachments are for the JD and I really don't expect to be purchasing many attachments for the SS and if I do I don't plan on duplicating attachments. So I'm just curious as to peoples thoughts. And by the way I don't mean to hijack the thread and if people think I am I'll start a separte thread.

Thanks Richard.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #23  
Richard, I think that typically the name brand OEM quick disconnect attachments cost a little bit more than the aftermarket SS attachments. The OEM attachments are only available from that particular brands dealers. SS attachment are easier to purchase used vs name brand OEM QD attachments and have multiple suppliers to purchase from new.

What would you do if you decide to sell one of your tractors and purchase another tractor and it was not a Deere? What good does that JD system do you with some other brand of tractor? I know you might not buy anything but a Deere and that is fine, but others would and do. I don't think that everyone stays with the same brand much less the same dealer. Great if you can, but I would guess that it is not always the case.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E
OK, I understand that if you have a SS and a tractor to have the same mounting but if you have 2 tractors and I'll use the JD's as an example then have the QA's on both tractors be JD QA's. Now please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start anything negative just trying to understand the practicalities. Doesn't Kubotaba have their own QA's? Same thing with Mahindra and others? If you have multiple tractors don't you usually go with the same brand if for no other reason to only deal with one dealer/service etc? I guess to answer my own question if you have a large enough operation and multiple brands of equipment then go with a common attachment system. I also think I brought this up because in past posts I've read where a member was questioning their first purchase and many have said to go with the SS QA's even when a poster would probably never have more than one machine. In my case I have 3 machines, a JD with JD's QA, a recently purchased SS, and an older vintage Power King. Most of my attachments are for the JD and I really don't expect to be purchasing many attachments for the SS and if I do I don't plan on duplicating attachments. So I'm just curious as to peoples thoughts. And by the way I don't mean to hijack the thread and if people think I am I'll start a separte thread.

Thanks Richard.

In my area implements are hard to come by used. The best deals can be found on craigslist when contractors are running lean, and unloading some of their equipment. The contractors around here all use SS attachments.

I also have an ethical dilemma about buying anything that locks me into a particular brand unless I have to.

/ Kubota M5040 To JD 5055E #25  
-mtn- I see your point. I hadn't really considered ever selling my tractor and the possiblity of having another brand. As far as pricing I don't know. Seeing as the QA is generally included on the implement and not attached. Where I've made some attachments for myself and others the JD QA's were probably about $10 more than a SS plate depending on where you purchased it from.
-muckdp- Also a very good point.
In my case most of my implements are 3pt. and I only have 3 for the front of the tractor (bucket, rock bucket and hay spear) and just the bucket for the SS. As far as any front mounted implement that requires hydraulics I'm on the lower boarder line for gpm so really never have considered anything hydraulic for the front besides the loader.