Kubota M5640SUD ????

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
56 hp gear shift 4WD - partially syncro Xmission (3rd & 4th gears)

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone has experience with one and what there thoughts are. There is a used one that I am thinking about looking at. It is a couple hours away so any info or opinions would be helpful. Thanks

gg

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #2  
Mmmm tractor, bigger more gooder.:D

Don't have any experience with that model GG, but I bet you'd like the extra HP.

/ Kubota M5640SUD ????
More hp gooder for sure. Me likey big front tire too. :)

I am not getting overwhelmed with responses .......... probably because the M5640 is an obscure model. Can't find much about it. It was listed as a Special Utility Tractor. Rugged like an M but absolutely no frills offered. Operator station and controls set up like an older tractor.

gg

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #4  
Almost bought one. (M5640SUD) Very basic tractor with no garbage on it. I wouldn't be afraid of it.

One I looked at had 14.9-28 tires and the 11.2R20 fronts.

Left hand range lever with reverse inline with low for sort of a shuttle between say L4 and R4.

Main shift partially synchronized, I could easily shift it up or down between H1 to H4 first try on a test drive using right technique.

The only minuses I really had were smallish fuel tank under the hood and I didn't like the front discharge exhaust. was going to have to mount a loader and ended up buying next model up in that series, M7040SUHD w/LA1153 later

100_1576.JPG100_1579.JPG

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #5  
I have one - going on 3 years now I guess. Really do not use it as much as I thought I would. 95% is pulling an 8' bushhog which it does very well. I'm thinking I may have put 80 hrs on it so far. I have a L3200 there as well and use that for everything unless I need the larger tractor for the loader or mowing. No complaints or issues with it. Generally it sits in the barn and mows a few times a year. The HST in the L is amazing but I haven't had any shifting issues with the M but like I said it's mostly a mower and shifting is not often.

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #7  
I don't know if this is the case for this model or not, or even if it would be a problem for you Gordon, but it's worth checking out: on some "special utility" models, the loader is not easily removed like on the rest of Kubota's lineup. Again, not sure about this model.

/ Kubota M5640SUD ????
Thanks for the good input everyone! It is a 2012. So pre tier IV (Right?) which is a plus to my old fashioned way of thinking. Never thought that the loader may not be removable. Not really sure how much it matters to me but I definitely want to know. Waiting for a reply on that.

gg

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #9  
I'd say the basic tractor would be just like a small M (M5040-M7040). It looks like the hydraulic flow and lift capacity is the same as the small M's. I assume it is 4WD?

/ Kubota M5640SUD ???? #10  
I wish I had big front tires.

9.5-16 are the tallest tires kubota puts on a HST tractor:banghead: Wish I could get some 20, 22, or 24" rims up front.

Do you have a kubota dealer near by? The new M5660SU is basically the same tractor just a newer version. So if you want to get a feel for just how big it is, start there.