Ballast Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket?
I take my loader off because i'm not bush hogging a field but rather around and through clusters of trees and some field. above 3-4 mph by property is to rough and it bounces the loader around with or without bucket. I can only assume he has a similar situation. you have to worry not only about swinging the bush hog into a tree when turning but also the loader. Tractor loader and bush hog is pushing 30ft in length

Thats exactly the same situation im in too, no use banging up equipment when I dont have to.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #12  
I've mowed some crazy stuff with the loaders on and never had any problems.

My 9540 has fluid in the front tires, have you given that any thought?

I think we'd all like to see a picture of your 7040 with duals!

Have you ever tried mowing with the loader off? I don't mow much, but when I disk, I prefer to have the loader off. Much much nicer IMO. ;)

I dont have my duals on right now but as soon as I put them on I will take some pics to post, i asked my dealer about "loading" the front tires and he said to do not load them because if you do alot of loader work it is really hard on the steering parts but i have no experience with loaded fronts, only loaded rears.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #14  
Have you ever tried mowing with the loader off? I don't mow much, but when I disk, I prefer to have the loader off. Much much nicer IMO. ;)

No, we've never had the loaders off of any of the tractors.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #15  
I've mowed some crazy stuff with the loaders on and never had any problems.

My 9540 has fluid in the front tires, have you given that any thought?

I think we'd all like to see a picture of your 7040 with duals!

My M8540/M9540 manual explicitly says no fluid in the front tires or Duals on the rear but yeah I'd like to see pictures as well.

I've always wondered why they say not to load the front tires can only assume this is for ride at transport speed

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #16  
My M8540/M9540 manual explicitly says no fluid in the front tires or Duals on the rear but yeah I'd like to see pictures as well.

I've always wondered why they say not to load the front tires can only assume this is for ride at transport speed

Mine came that way from the dealer, I didn't even know until I went to put air in the tire.

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #17  
No, we've never had the loaders off of any of the tractors.

You should try it sometime. If you do much acreage, I doubt that you would ever go back to leaving the loader on. Well worth the 5 minutes to take the loader off IMO. ;) Although if I'm doing much, I take the time to put the front weight bracket on with all of the weights, so there's another 10 minutes. :eek: The last picture is the OEM setup, I found that the tractor works better with the additional front weights. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 188
  • P1210049.JPG
    P1210049.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 210
this is a pic of my dads tractor (Mahindra 6500 4wd) with duals on it and a little 7ft bush hog
dads tractor.jpg

Thats a good looking setup Mtnview, I have to say, I like the blue Mahindra, never saw a blue one before

/ Kubota M7040 front weight bracket? #20  
this is a pic of my dads tractor (Mahindra 6500 4wd) with duals on it and a little 7ft bush hog

Dang! I wouldn't be afraid to take that thing anywhere I pleased! How wide is it?