Buying Advice Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...
Tractor got to the dealer today:D
Hopefully it will be assembled soon...

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #43  
How will it be configured, any changes?

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #44  
You'll probably like it. I just unloaded a 2,500 lb pallet of salt off my dumptruck yesterday and it struggled. I guess with the pallet forks, that was probably more like a 2,800 lb load. Course I could always use the LB115 if the load gets real heavy.

Starts great in low winter temps. I did some salt spreading last night and she fired right up on glow plugs and it was only 19*.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #45  
Tractor got to the dealer today:D
Hopefully it will be assembled soon...
Great news. We tried to buy local but decided to use Barlows - we're glad we did. Good luck with your new toy. Definitely post pictures as soon as it arrives. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it...
Picked it up today... what a difference going from a L3600 to the M7040! The thing is sweet! I will not sleep tonight, it's pouring rain and I only got to use it for a couple hours till I was about froze, I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve:D
Will post pics and specs when I get a chance

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #47  
Picked it up today... what a difference going from a L3600 to the M7040! The thing is sweet! I will not sleep tonight, it's pouring rain and I only got to use it for a couple hours till I was about froze, I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve:D
Will post pics and specs when I get a chance

Know the feeling well. I came from a L3650.

The thing that is amazing is that the giddy feeling has lasted over a year now.

Climbing on it and putting it to work is a joy every job, every time. I look for jobs to do and sometimes even do them twice for entertainment.

Don't care a bit about the price of diesel. It is cheaper than going to a movie.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #48  

Climbing on it and putting it to work is a joy every job, every time. I look for jobs to do and sometimes even do them twice for entertainment.

Don't care a bit about the price of diesel. It is cheaper than going to a movie.

I know the feeling, we have had our M8540 for several months and I hopped into it and looked for something to do; turned out to be too damp, so I drove around our farm a while.

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #49  

You have to admit, it sure is nice that our entertainment gets our work done too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now what I need to do is figure out how to make a living doing this. ;)

/ Kubota M7040, Think I'm gonna do it... #50  
You have to admit, it sure is nice that our entertainment gets our work done too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now what I need to do is figure out how to make a living doing this. ;)

Ah, but there's the rub. If you HAVE to do it there is a chance that the joy will slowly diminish until it is a dreaded chore. Having the choice to do it makes it seem like play.

Last edited: