Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #11  
Does the M7040 have hydraulic shuttle and what wheels are on it; ie cast or steel? I bought a new M9540 two months ago and absoloutly love it. I'm one of those guys that shops an item to death before I buy. I went with Kubota for a few reasons two of which were reliability and they make thier machine. I got so tired of other brands having an engine from one source a rear end from another and so on. This also was subject to change. A local Ford/NH diehard told me that he was going to look at Kubota because a guy he knows that delivers them told him that all they do is deliver them. They don't have to be picked up.

Bake

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A
I believe that the M7040 does have the hydraulic shuttle,; the salesman made a point of talking about it. The wheels appear to be steel. But, I'll verify that today when I go back to the dealer. I'm also drawn to the fact that Kubota makes everything on their tractors. The Farmtrac models that I was looking at have different engines (Ford, Perkins, Mitsubisi...) After reading all of your thoughts, questions, and comments, it's clear that I need to go back to the dealer with more questions. I'll have an update this evening. Thanks for everyone's thoughts - that's exactly what I was looking for when I joined this forum.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #13  
I'm not sure where the parts availablity issue information is coming from, but from first hand experience I've done my own repairs on my 12 year old Kubota on a steering cylinder, front wheel drive gears, and a few other odds and ends and each time I was able to get all of the parts overnighted to me if I needed them that quickly. I am within overnight shipping from Kubota's Dallas, Texas warehouse and they can drop ship to me overnight with standard UPS shipping if I pay a small handling fee. Maybe there might be an availability issue with some of the brand new tractors or something but on my tractor they seem to have excellent parts availabilty.

My 2 cents.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #14  
I have owned, and still own all three: green. blue, and orange. The most reliable and trouble free are the Kubotas; and the oldest one in the fleet, is a Kubota, that just had it's 30th trouble free birthday! They are a very well engineered tractor, with all the components build "in-house" by Kubota.

Some of the problems with the others wasn't mechanical, but rodents getting into the electrical systems for "lunch," which cost me in excess of $200, sofar!!

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #15  
Michael R. said:
I believe that the M7040 does have the hydraulic shuttle,; the salesman made a point of talking about it. The wheels appear to be steel. But, I'll verify that today when I go back to the dealer. I'm also drawn to the fact that Kubota makes everything on their tractors. The Farmtrac models that I was looking at have different engines (Ford, Perkins, Mitsubisi...) After reading all of your thoughts, questions, and comments, it's clear that I need to go back to the dealer with more questions. I'll have an update this evening. Thanks for everyone's thoughts - that's exactly what I was looking for when I joined this forum.

An M7040 can be configured with or without hydro-shuttle. If you're spending that much, you want it, and a dealer would be silly to order any without it.

I *think* that all the wheels are steel, but cast iron centers are an option. They don't add strength, just weight, like any other wheel weights. However their shape is more convenient than the wheel weights used on many brands (esp. JD). I could be wrong on this so Kubota owners/dealers feel free to correct me...

What I was told about parts availability was told to me by a Kubota dealer, but that's just one source, and maybe they were having a bad day with the factory or something. Still, I stand by my view that 30 years from now, JD will have the best parts availability for 2008 MY tractors.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #16  
I'm moving from an canopy M6800 to a cab 5325. I really don't notice a difference in 'feel' when driving the Kubota versus the JD. I think I might be a bit partial to the Kubota's hydraulic shuttle shift, but that might because it is what I am used to.

We have a 20 year Kubota on the farm and have had some issues getting parts. Not because Kubota doesn't have them, but because the dealer either doesn't order them, orders them, doesn't call you when they come in, and then sells the part to someone else before you get there. *sigh* That is a dealer issue and not a Kubota issue though.

JD has 0% financing for 36 months. I believe you can get a competitive price on JD if you want to throw that tractor into the mix. The JD, Kubota, and NH are all nice tractors. You can't go wrong buying any of them.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #17  
I'll tell ya one nice thing the M7040 has that the NH might not have (it very well may have one, too).
The M7040 has a locking front differential. Even the older M6800 had one, too. I think that would make a great deal of difference in really bad mud. Just something to consider.

I've had 3 Kubota (285DT, L-35 & L-39) and the most impressive thing about them is the engineering and the fact that they build darn near the whole tractor in-house. Only trouble I had is it took 3-5 days to get some new front axle seals on my L-35.

That was 7 years ago. I think their parts network has gotten better.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #18  
Selling both lines, one in red the other in it's standard orange there are differences in the build quaility. One make for sure seems to be in the shop more then the other for work. I don't see that all makes tractors are created equal as I do work around most makes everyday. I don't just know what goes on with one or a hundred but thousands.
The Kubotas are easy for us to make the customers happy as well as salesmen. With the other everyone might be happy including the shop. For those that are color blind they are still happy and say they all break down and are the same. How lame!
For parts supply in thirty years? You might not want to think of the price of some custom one of parts to get a unit back out of the shop! I remember my faith years ago that IH and it's quality would never go away!

Kubota is holding the best for not needing more then normal service or having built in short comings in this industry.

We have to love Demings work don't we!

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #19  
Michael:

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #20  
Michael:

If you are going to finance the tractor, why don't you consider the TN75A? Unless promotions have changed since March, you get 0 Percent interest on the TN75A line for 48 months. I just purchased a TN95A and it was suppose to be 0 percent for 48, but they gave me 0 percent for 60 months when it arrived. If you pay 4.9 percent on the TTA, you are going to end up with a total price of approximately 28,500 dollars. I also priced the TN75A a few months ago, and you could buy one around here for under $30,000 if you were going to finance it. If you didn't finance, you got a $1,500 discount. The models I priced were with a loader.

Also, I have owned the Kubota utility tractors and they are very nice machines. They are also less expensive in these parts. That having been said, they are cheaper for a reason. If you are going for the long haul, buy the blue tractor.