Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #21  
The 7040 when equipped with the hydro reverser is a durable chore tractor. The TN when it has the wet clutch is also durable. You have to be careful to compare apples to apples, both models can be outfitted various ways.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #22  
hotchkiss said:
Michael:

If you are going to finance the tractor, why don't you consider the TN75A? Unless promotions have changed since March, you get 0 Percent interest on the TN75A line for 48 months. I just purchased a TN95A and it was suppose to be 0 percent for 48, but they gave me 0 percent for 60 months when it arrived. If you pay 4.9 percent on the TTA, you are going to end up with a total price of approximately 28,500 dollars. I also priced the TN75A a few months ago, and you could buy one around here for under $30,000 if you were going to finance it. If you didn't finance, you got a $1,500 discount. The models I priced were with a loader.

Also, I have owned the Kubota utility tractors and they are very nice machines. They are also less expensive in these parts. That having been said, they are cheaper for a reason. If you are going for the long haul, buy the blue tractor.

Adding to what hotchkiss said (except the part about blue being more "long haul" than orange)...if you can swing 42 months, Kubota is also offering 0% financing on the very M7040 you are considering.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #23  
If the original poster has not purchased a tractor yet - ask your dealer about the clutches that are installed in the Kubotas these days (how many hrs they are supposed to last) We had TWO M9000 w loaders in the hay field and doing other various work and both of the clutches went out between 500-700 hrs. (they did not make the hydraulic shuttle at the time) (we also owned another 7 tractors in the same hp range with no clutch problem so operator error was not a factor)
The dealer informed us that the clutch installed from the factory was a "light to medium duty clutch that was made to last approx 500 hrs" which it did....they did fix them under warranty, and replaced them with "heavy duty" clutches that were supposed to last 1000hrs...we used them for another year or two and sold the tractors....we also personally knew of two other larger M series tractors that had this problem (early 2000's) - with the implementation of the new lineup they may not have any problem - but you could at least ask and see what they say-----other than that they were excellent tractors ---make sure you weight the tires.....

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #24  
Thats probably why you can't hardly find a dry clutch M series Kubota in Canada, I don't think the dealers will sell them.

/ Kubota M7040 vs. New Holland TT75A #25  
I have a price on the 7040 of 28,400 and could do a little better than that. It does have the hydrolic shuttle, but I'm looking for a good price on a 6040 with loader and hydrolic shuttle. The best price so far is 27,000.