Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030 #21  
Thanks for the thoughts Builder. I did think about the Creeper range but in honesty I don't think I really need it. Low seems plenty slow for everything I plan to do with it. Do you have the creeper range? Do you find it useful?

No I don't have it.
I find the spread between 3rd & 4th gear is too great in low range. 3rd is a little too slow for most of my cutting and 4th is a little too fast.
I may trade up to a M-105X and enjoy the 16 speed.

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030
No I don't have it.
I find the spread between 3rd & 4th gear is too great in low range. 3rd is a little too slow for most of my cutting and 4th is a little too fast.

Hey Builder... you should have been telling me this before I signed on the dotted line! I suspect it will be fine for my uses but we shall see. I did like the extra ranges on the NH. There were 4 ranges. A, BL, BH, C.

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030 #23  
Hey Builder... you should have been telling me this before I signed on the dotted line! I suspect it will be fine for my uses but we shall see. I did like the extra ranges on the NH. There were 4 ranges. A, BL, BH, C.

I have found on tbn that when you try to help or give actual hands on experience, you usually get some desk jockey giving you crap. I actually pass on topics where I used to help. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030 #24  
I have found on tbn that when you try to help or give actual hands on experience, you usually get some desk jockey giving you crap. I actually pass on topics where I used to help. It's just not worth the hassle anymore.

Sure know what you mean.

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030 #25  
I doubt your 7040 is an hst model.

To the other poster with the 9540, I'm guessing they don't have the cast rims either? Are their tires set out wide? I'm just surprised as the farm down the road has an M9000 (the old version of the 9540) and they toss around 2000 lb silage bales without anything on the rear. They handle maybe 700 bales a year with it, both wrapping and feeding out.

I know they don't have loaded tires either but it does have cast rims and the tires out wide.

We have a M7040 and TN75. While my comparisons are difficult because the M7040 is 4wd and HST and the TN75 is has neither.

/ Kubota M7040 vs NH 4030 #26  
i think he is saying that his 7040 is hydrolic shuttle.