Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #11  
I agree.... BUT.... one thing to watch out for is the PTO shaft rubbing on something when the mower is raised all the way up.

Or that the PTO is not binding because the position is changed.

I owe you a brew.

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #12  
I mow in the fully raised position when the material is too thick to cut any lower. Then I come back with more cuts at a lower height. You will not like the look of the cut at full height.

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #13  
I just found an owner's manual online. Page 24 of the RCK60D-26BX (drive-over model): "Never operate the mower in transport position".

I have several places that I need to ease the deck to maneuver. Note having the deck fully up might NOT be the “transport” position. Turning the height dial to “TOP” is transport, correct?what difference it makes, I’m not sure, but it does lock the deck up, to allow use of the three point. THAT, I think is the “legal” reason.

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #14  
I have several places that I need to ease the deck to maneuver. Note having the deck fully up might NOT be the “transport” position. Turning the height dial to “TOP” is transport, correct?what difference it makes, I’m not sure, but it does lock the deck up, to allow use of the three point. THAT, I think is the “legal” reason.

Yes - I think it's important to differentiate between having the mower in the fully up (TOP) position with the 3-point all the way up and the mower resting on it's upper-most setting with the 3-point down. And there are some mowers where "transport mode" involves adding pins through the subframe/lift assembly.

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #15  
Yes - I think it's important to differentiate between having the mower in the fully up (TOP) position with the 3-point all the way up and the mower resting on it's upper-most setting with the 3-point down. And there are some mowers where "transport mode" involves adding pins through the subframe/lift assembly.

I do not think there is much if any difference. If you turn the deck height knob to the top position, the mower on my BX2200 hangs there and you can raise and lower the 3PH the same as if the mower was off the tractor (although in the full up position the mower may be lifted slightly). Are the newer model BXs different?

/ Kubota Mid Mount Mower / Belly Mower Question #16  
I've cut several times w/ it all the way up. I no longer do this simply because the shaft has a polished section on it where it has rubbed on my Bro-Tek plate. But it doesn't take a lot of height drop to stop this rubbing and then it works fine. W/o the plate it doesn't rub anywhere.