Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #51  
I like the Yanmar in my 6x4 very much. But the modern diesel Gators have Chinese Cheri (sp) engines. I was told that by a dealer at an ag show, and didn't believe it until I found the data plate on the motor. Very disappointing.

/ Kubota or John Deere #52  
I like the Yanmar in my 6x4 very much. But the modern diesel Gators have Chinese Cheri (sp) engines. I was told that by a dealer at an ag show, and didn't believe it until I found the data plate on the motor. Very disappointing.

Yeah, I was referring to the new models. Very disappointing. No reason to switch other than profit increase....

/ Kubota or John Deere #53  
I own my second Kubota for 6 months now. On the first tractor (a B2320), I stopped in at the dealer and was kidding the salesman, saying something like "if the tractor is so good, why is it warrantied for only one year". He smiled and said "Go home and try to break it". I worked that machine pretty hard but also maintained it. Second is a B2650, good machine so far.

I have also told many people that if the dealer had told me the tractor would do stuff that I did with my tractor I would have called him a liar. Never shopped for Green, just a preference.

Don't try it with a BX....my father's new BX1860 visited the shop 5 times in 1 yr to get a rear hydraulic leak fixed....the last trip they obviously adjusted the pressure way down without owning up to it because the loader has no power and the last time I went to use it the hydraulics are leaking again. Many Kubotas are trouble free, that one is a lousy tractor.

/ Kubota or John Deere #54  
Where is the leak? There was an issue on our BX2660 where the steel hardline from the loader valve to the 3 point valve cracked, but a new hydraulic hose (not steel pipe) fixed it.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota or John Deere #55  
Where is the leak? There was an issue on our BX2660 where the steel hardline from the loader valve to the 3 point valve cracked, but a new hydraulic hose (not steel pipe) fixed it.

Aaron Z

It's the line that comes up the left side of the tractor to the rear hydraulic manifold

That's what I was thinking about for this repair since it's on my dime. I thought it would be worth going to the local hydraulic shop and having them make me a new line. After that I'll have to find the fittings to test the hydraulic pressure and dial it back up so the tractor actually has some value in the work it does.

/ Kubota or John Deere #56  
The Kubota diesels are hands down heavier machines.
The 855d is a great unit for slightly lighter duty. If you have to move hay wagons, drag arenas, and move heavy stuff it
Is not even a contest. Don't even consider it anything other than a 25 hp tractor. If you want a nice riding, comfy workhorse get a deer. If you need utility first and foremost and are willing to give that stuff up, kubota 900-1140.

/ Kubota or John Deere #57  
I just bought a Mule Pro FXT, researched them all and test drove many, it was the best all around on the market.

/ Kubota or John Deere #58  
It's taken some time but we did find a used RTV900 and have had it on the ranch for about two weeks... it is like a mountain goat and is already earning it's keep...

Best of all it sounds like a Kubota!

Used the Dump Trailer to bring it home... about an inch clearance all around... would have been out of luck size wise had it be the X model... would not have fit.

/ Kubota or John Deere #59  
It's taken some time but we did find a used RTV900 and have had it on the ranch for about two weeks... it is like a mountain goat and is already earning it's keep...

Best of all it sounds like a Kubota!

Used the Dump Trailer to bring it home... about an inch clearance all around... would have been out of luck size wise had it be the X model... would not have fit.

Congrats.

I found a used, cheap 900 last Fall. I added an inch suspension lift, 27" mud tires, 1.5" wheel spacers and a bed rack. I treat it like a "Rented Mule". Still not as cost effective as a Sami but has it's calling. :)

/ Kubota or John Deere #60  
The Sami is mine... brother really needed/wanted something with a dump bed...

Found this one about 150 miles away owned by a retired couple for 400 hours on it... kept in the garage... only thing I could find was a muffler repair where the pipe goes into the muffler... it's ok now but I'm sure it will need attention later.