Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #71  
I started working my first "Real" job at age 12... at a Dealership washing, vacuuming cars and putting those license plate frames on... it wasn't long before they had me start all the cars each Saturday and then by 13 I was moving them around the lot... I was an expert at negotiating tight spaces and parking lot jockeying long before I ever got on the road... It was a lot of fun for a kid and I made $50 a week that first summer and gave Mom $20 every weed on payday...

/ Kubota or John Deere #72  
As for that RTV900 that won't climb a hill - that is the nature of the beast, not that it won't climb, but that it will only climb if you know how to use it. When you 'accelerate' you are actually gearing up within that speed range, by backing off the pedal slightly your forward speed will slow, but your pulling power will increase. With a hand throttle you can optimize that process by keeping the rpm up while backing off the 'accelerator'. Tractor or Kubota ATV all hydros work that way.

/ Kubota or John Deere #73  
As for that RTV900 that won't climb a hill - that is the nature of the beast, not that it won't climb, but that it will only climb if you know how to use it. When you 'accelerate' you are actually gearing up within that speed range, by backing off the pedal slightly your forward speed will slow, but your pulling power will increase. With a hand throttle you can optimize that process by keeping the rpm up while backing off the 'accelerator'. Tractor or Kubota ATV all hydros work that way.

Yep. Hand Throttle allows the operator to maximize the RTV HVT system. Not claiming it's a perfect system. Simply stating it has to be operated with a full understanding of what's going on when the "go" pedal is pushed. :)

/ Kubota or John Deere #74  
Yep. Hand Throttle allows the operator to maximize the RTV HVT system. Not claiming it's a perfect system. Simply stating it has to be operated with a full understanding of what's going on when the "go" pedal is pushed. :)

Yup, it all starts with learning to use the equipment. I cringe every time I hear someone say that 'a hydrostatic drives/works like an automatic'

/ Kubota or John Deere #75  
I have a Kubota 1140 CPX. I have gotten a lot of use out of this machine and it has been fine for me. A couple of problems with the machine are that it will overheat due to where the radiator is positioned. The front tires kick up dust that gets funneled straight into the radiator grill. This has been corrected on the newer models. Also I do think the RTV would benefit from a larger HP engine. It is not a good hill climber but it will get you there. I have no experience with the Gator but it looks like it has less HP than the Kubota. I'd bet it is a much lighter machine just looking at pictures so I guess that helps out. I kind of like that my Kubota is built like a tank. That being said I am sure that either one would work for what I use my RTV for.

/ Kubota or John Deere #76  
I have a Kubota 1140 CPX. I have gotten a lot of use out of this machine and it has been fine for me. A couple of problems with the machine are that it will overheat due to where the radiator is positioned. The front tires kick up dust that gets funneled straight into the radiator grill. This has been corrected on the newer models. Also I do think the RTV would benefit from a larger HP engine. It is not a good hill climber but it will get you there. I have no experience with the Gator but it looks like it has less HP than the Kubota. I'd bet it is a much lighter machine just looking at pictures so I guess that helps out. I kind of like that my Kubota is built like a tank. That being said I am sure that either one would work for what I use my RTV for.

The Gators are also built like a tank. The places my Gator 825i has been still amaze me and it's an absolute beast plowing snow....unreal how well it does with the Boss V plow. They ride so nice you almost forget you're in a side by side, I like the ability to work as well as play the Gator offers. It's a nice trail riding machine as well as workhorse at home.

/ Kubota or John Deere #77  
YEP, Love my 825, plenty of power for what I do & it will climb things I shouldn't be trying to. 50HP & top speed of 45 works great to if I need to get out on the road from one place to another. They're like tractors or vehicles, if there were only one brand, it would be boring.

Ronnie

/ Kubota or John Deere #78  
I'd go with a deere. What we do requires much HP and in test operation of them (more than one), they all fell short in that regard. Nonetheless, they make a good work machine for 99% of there users..

/ Kubota or John Deere #79  
That is a substantial amount of weight, and how awesome is that to be able to carry all that weight. I don't think we will be hunting any Elk anytime soon but it gives you a great idea of it limits and capabilities.

We had near 1500 Lbs in our Rtv 900 squashes it real good and you need to go slow, but it carries its own weight.

/ Kubota or John Deere #80  
Anyone turn up the fuel on an RTV900?

Any advice & recommendations? Where is the screw?

I did so on my L39 with just a bit of additional torque.