Kubota paint fade

/ Kubota paint fade #11  
I bought my M95 used and it was faded bad. The wheels l was able to take off and use a buffer on and they look nice again. The fiberglass hood and fenders I buffed out and they look better, but not as good as the wheels. I did put a coat of wax on the hood to help protect it.

/ Kubota paint fade #12  
ovrszd said:
Their wheels seem to be the worst part for fading. I wonder if Titan paints the wheels and the contract quality standard isn't very good?? My tractor is parked inside at night and sits inside all day if not being used. This'll get a laugh,,, I wax my tractor 4 or 5 times a year... Yeah, crazy, I know... :laughing:

I wax mine too, even the MMM.

/ Kubota paint fade #13  
Their wheels seem to be the worst part for fading. I wonder if Titan paints the wheels and the contract quality standard isn't very good?? My tractor is parked inside at night and sits inside all day if not being used. This'll get a laugh,,, I wax my tractor 4 or 5 times a year... Yeah, crazy, I know... :laughing:

I do the same thing...maybe even more often. I am what they call "****" about the way my equipment looks and after forking out as much money as I did on my L3200 w/ BH 77 backhoe, I figured I'm gonna keep her lookin like new as much as possible and as long as possible. I think the tractor appreciates it too! ha ha:laughing:

/ Kubota paint fade #14  
I think its safe to say that the Kubota Orange seems to have a hypnotic type quality to it for most of us Kubota owners.....They just look so much better than any other tractor out there when they are all shined up and looking good! :cool2:

/ Kubota paint fade #15  
Red pigments are the weakest against UV fade. Single stage paints the weakest again. Thats two strikes.

/ Kubota paint fade #16  
Ryan08 is right on the money.

If by faded you mean dull, clear will help. If you mean discolored, it's already too late. It will not look any different than if you wet it.

True, automotive clear will add UV protection, but if your going to go as far as prepping it, and spraying on some urethane clear, it makes a lot more sense to put down a coat or two of the same quality base color first.

Some single stage colors discolor from sanding them to prepare for refinish. Reds tend to do this more than others. I would be very careful to make sure you don't experience this, if you choose not to spray any color first.

/ Kubota paint fade #17  
It's a tractor, You guys are crazy! :laughing: :thumbsup:

Ha ha ha!! Mine has a scratch in it...or three or four THOUSAND!

Seriously though, I say, To Each His Own!!! And post pictures please!

/ Kubota paint fade #18  
I have seen some new Kubotas fade but don't fully nderstand it. Yet I have seen some sit on dealer lots in the hot sun all summer and yet zero fade. Something else must be going on that we are not aware of.
The Kubota paint sold by dealers is a very high quality acrylic enamel and I have used plenty. I can't recall an item I painted that has faded.

/ Kubota paint fade #20  
I hope you mean "very high quality" as far as acrylic enamel goes?

Acrylic enamel is after all, only one notch up from the bottom shelf. :D