Kubota paint fade

/ Kubota paint fade #21  
I hope you mean "very high quality" as far as acrylic enamel goes?

Acrylic enamel is after all, only one notch up from the bottom shelf. :D

Well, there's really only a couple of rungs in total for the tractor enthusiast so, yeah, you are right. We aren't talking basecoat/clearcoat here--these things are tractors.

To add further for others, enamel or alkyd enamel would be the bottom rungs and currently seem to capture the DIY tractor paint market. By contrast, acrylic enamel gives excellent results on farm equipment that is in line with how original paint looked on the tractor and yet is as durable that can be expected without paying big bucks for really high end stuff that would then be not consistant with a factory type finish. I have sprayed a lot of JD, IH and Kubota acrylic enamel and it is great stuff for the hobbyist. You know, incomplete prep and maybe even spraying outside. I don't use hardener but those who do give the added combo two thumbs up.

I have a small yard art item I sprayed with leftover IH red and it looks great after several years outside. It's a repaint from the same item and color that spent 10 years outside and really still looked pretty good. Something funny happens with Kubota paint because I have had great results with dealer paint and weathering yet there are the comments of tractors fading. I don't understand it.

For the enthusiast looking to improve, restore or putter around with tractors and stuff, factory branded acrylic enamel is really the ticket for a combination of price and quality. Just my two cents here.

/ Kubota paint fade
My wheels still have a nice shine to them. I'm glad they did not fade like the rest of the metal. I have also noticed the hydro cylinders on some Botas fade way faster then other parts. Mine were also still in nice shape paint wise. I stopped in today to pick up the floor boards so they could be LineXed. Should be done by Friday.

/ Kubota paint fade #23  
For the enthusiast looking to improve, restore or putter around with tractors and stuff, factory branded acrylic enamel is really the ticket for a combination of price and quality. Just my two cents here.

I could agree. But, for just a little more money, there are lots of low end single stage urethane's you could use, which would be a much better product.

Then again, there are guys on here who are perfectly happy with the job they get using industrial enamel. :thumbsup:

/ Kubota paint fade #24  
The Mahindra paint fades bad too, they turn pink.

/ Kubota paint fade #25  
94BULLITT said:
The Mahindra paint fades bad too, they turn pink.

Pink paint is what they should apply at the factory. Pink is the best color for a mahindra!

/ Kubota paint fade #26  
This is one thing that about stopped me from buying a kubota, have seen some that look awful, very faded and look like crap. I have a 88 john deere and it is faded some, but not like a lot of much newer kubotas that I have seen. There has to be a reason for it other than waxing etc. Wish someone from kubota would answer this.

/ Kubota paint fade #27  
There has to be a reason for it other than waxing etc. Wish someone from kubota would answer this.

It is not rocket science.

a. Sunlight breaks down red pigments the fastest.

b. They are not using a high end finish.

Red pigments are the most expensive. Quality red shade paint is can cost many times more than the same paint, in say green.

For them to use a high end finish like we use on aircraft, or even a lesser quality automotive base coat/clear coat system, (which would solve the problem), would add enough cost to the tractor to prevent them from being competitive.

/ Kubota paint fade
This is one thing that about stopped me from buying a kubota, have seen some that look awful, very faded and look like crap. I have a 88 john deere and it is faded some, but not like a lot of much newer kubotas that I have seen. There has to be a reason for it other than waxing etc. Wish someone from kubota would answer this.

All I can say is .....Wheeeew... At least it did not fade to green!...LOL

/ Kubota paint fade #29  
[Then paint them another color.

a. Sunlight breaks down red pigments the fastest.

b. They are not using a high end finish.

Red pigments are the most expensive. Quality red shade paint is can cost many times more than the same paint, in say green.

For them to use a high end finish like we use on aircraft, or even a lesser quality automotive base coat/clear coat system, (which would solve the problem), would add enough cost to the tractor to prevent them from being competitive.[/QUOTE]

/ Kubota paint fade #30  
Then paint them another color.

Tell it to them:

KUBOTA Corporation
2-47, Shikitsuhigashi 1-chome,
Naniwa-ku, Osaka 556-8601 Japan