Loader Kubota quick attach question

/ Kubota quick attach question
hbracerx,

That's exactly how I feel. I believe the Kubota forks are only 32" long, and I do not believe they are adjustable for width.

On a related mater:

Does anyone know if there is a Kubuta-brand "Quick Hitch Coupler," as shown by JRL305, above, that fits the LA403 loader? (I checked with the dealer, and not only didn't they show one, they could comment on whether or not the "Quick Hitch Coupler" that fits the LA504 would also fit the LA403).

Thanks much.

I can't speak from experience but I'm fairly certain they fit the 403 as well. If you do a search on here, I'm fairly certain it was discussed at some point. I'd do a search now but I've gotta get ready to run to the tractor dealer this morning:)

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #22  
I can't speak from experience but I'm fairly certain they fit the 403 as well. If you do a search on here, I'm fairly certain it was discussed at some point. I'd do a search now but I've gotta get ready to run to the tractor dealer this morning:)

Tom

Tom,

Thanks. I actually tried a number of searches, before putting up a separate post on this very topic...but I could not find anything on this, despite, like you, being fairly-certain it had been discussed.

Here is my own post, that I made, before I "hi-jacked" yours: :D

Is There an FEL "Quick HItch Coupler" for the LA403 FEL?
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/343915-there-fel-quick-hitch-coupler.html

Thanks again,

My Hoe

/ Kubota quick attach question #23  
I've got the 504 loader on my B3300 with the B1658 QA. I'm also quite certain it fits the 403 and 364 loaders.

Measurements for it are 32" outside and 27" inside of the pin brackets with 1" pins at about 7" pin centers. Probably in actuality something close to that in metric but the tape that was handy was imperial only.

There's lots of stuff available with "universal pin on brackets" for tractors that were built LONG before QAs were common that will work just fine. Sure not as many as SSQA but you by no means are restricted to Kubota stuff.

I built my own fixed width forks 36" wide and 36" long. I don't think they weigh 80#....I can easily pick them up with 1 hand. They've done all I've asked of them, and I ask a lot: full face cords of firewood ,18" dia 14' logs, 32x32x24 concrete blocks, 16'x16' roof sections...you get the idea. If I were to do it again I'd make them only 32" wide as so many of the pallets around here are 42" which doesn't leave much wiggle room when they have 2" rails. Without question I do not miss not having adjustable width forks or longer tines

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150829_165116.png
    ForumRunner_20150829_165116.png
    729.3 KB · Views: 131
   / Kubota quick attach question #24  
CDN Farm Boy, that's nice work! I have been looking for something similar, but SSQA, without spending a fortune. Don't have your skills, or tools, either- plasma cutter?

/ Kubota quick attach question #25  
CDN Farm Boy, that's nice work! I have been looking for something similar, but SSQA, without spending a fortune. Don't have your skills, or tools, either- plasma cutter?

Thanks. Had a buddy cut the brackets on his Torchmate CNC after I sent him the file I drew, except for the top center pair, they were my hack job trying my own plasma freehand. Wouldn't have been that difficult to have cut them with a grinder though...just slower and noisier lol. The top rack is removable and only used when I'm moving my racks of firewood, and the 2 center brackets are for a hyd log clamp.

The forks and frame are made from 16' of 3x1.5x0.125 rectangle tubing I had laying around and the pin brackets are 1/4". I just pulled the specs from my LSW supply book and come up with 79.5 lbs without the top rack or center brackets. Pretty close to my guess of 80 lbs I'd say :)

I don't want to hijack the thread completely, just showing that the job can get done with a whole lot less fork than what is commercially available. Do they flex under heavy load? Yes. Do they pass a lawyer's approval for liability? Not a chance but they get the job done and I haven't got a doubt in my mind that if I'd have bought forks there would be things that I have moved that I wouldn't have just because my forks are lighter

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I didn't get to the tractor dealer today, trailer repairs needed to be done prior to using it to go pick up the ssqa and bucket and they took longer than expected. Hopefully this week (unless I find a reason to change my mind again by then:)

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #27  
Hi Travis, thanks for the reply. Am I watching the wrong video? The one on the small compact tractor forks page: Small Compact Tractor and Mini Skid Steer Pallet Forks says this uses the type 1 forks. Am I misunderstanding this? I appreciate the help. The more I think about the weight issue, I also have to remember the ssqa from Kubota adds some wt as well.

Tom

Yes, in the video, he says that we use the narrow rail(Class 1), but that has since changed. We currently use the standard class II forks on ALL of our frames.
We'll make an updated video sometime.
Travis

Travis,

Thanks for clearing that up. That is good to hear. Makes the decision easier. :thumbsup:

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #29  

I'll second that - that's a really nice looking set of light duty forks, especially considering the low total weight achieved. CDN Farm Boy also included a feature that is rarely seen on commercially made forks: the ability to use them on your 3pt hitch. I can't overstate what a useful feature this is, especially if you have Top-n-Tilt. This is how I move 2500 pound pallets of green, split firewood with a tractor that has an FEL that's only rated to lift 1600 pounds. Makes preparing & handling my annual firewood stock much, much more time efficient - and time is something I never seem to have enough of.
-Jim