Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction...

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #141  
I do think experience is the best teacher even in this situation. I have been playing with the machine this weekend. I was thinking the transmission was similar to a car. Put it in drive and go. NOT so. I do not have a owners manual or service manual for the machine so it is trial and error. I am now using the selector more like the manual L,M, and H. Seems to work great. I am also getting better at shifting into the reverse positiion. Going into L range first then into reverse and sometimes using a tip from another post, tapping the excellerator seems to work. I would like to do the neutral position adjustment to see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I really do like this machine.
Larry:)

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #142  
Pushing down a little harder on the brake pedal when shifting works wonders on my 500.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #143  
Please start a new thread now ... I have an 2011 1140 and can provide info, but it needs to be in a different, unique thread with this focus

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #144  
welcome mstordahl, i am also new and i have a steering problem listed under atv's and utility vehicles, see if you can help, thanks

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #145  
The holdback of the machine, both in forward and reverse is controlled by the same relief valve in the transmission. To adjust this, you have to have some good mechanical knowledge and know what to look for. If you feel confident, I will try to help. What I would suggest is since the unit is so new, you should talk to your dealer and have them adjust it for you.

Hey Matt, My name is Danny and I'am new to this forum so hello to you and hello to all who read this!. Anyway I was checking out this thread becuase my 2010 RTV 1100, which I just got has a couple of issues. Ones that I see you address here. 1st the "holdback" or hst braking is a little harsh and I called my dealer to see if they would adjust it. They say the servo can't be adjusted and that the could install a aftermarket coast valve and bypass the HST braking completely. I don't know if I want to do this as I like the braking action , it's just needs to be cut back abit. Has anyone here had the coast valve installed? If so how do they like it? 2nd I have a heck of the time getting the shifter into the"H" postion. It seems not to lock into gear and looks like it's in postion but when the gas is engaged it's still in Neutral. If I pull the pressure relief a couple of times and it helps but still most of the time I have to wiggle it into shifting a few times beofre it will go into gear. Is the cable adjustment you mentioned something that a shadtree mechanic like me could do? Also can or Can't the Trans servo be adjusted and is this something I could do? Maybe with you're help???

Please let me know and Thank you in advance!

-Danny Navarro , Grand Forks ND

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #146  
on my kubota rtv500, it doesn't go into reverse very easily. have to keep jockeying it a bit before it slips in, how can i adjust this? thanks

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #147  
par for the machine, try holding the break pedal and wiggling it down

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #148  
My initial driver's training occurred in a mid 60's Chevy Step-side with a "straight-6" and 3 speeds on the column; my RTV 500 brings back a lot of those (useful) memories that were gained by learning to work with the linkage.

I have also come to appreciate the fact that I have never owned or operated a piece of equipment that met perfect equipment (false) expectations.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #149  
Ok just bought a used Kabota 1140 RTV it lacks power to the wheels... What I mean by that is If im in low and start climbing a hill it does not have anymore power at full throttle than at a 1/4 throttle even though the motor revs higher... seems to me like a transmission issue... PLEASE HELP !

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #150  
Ok just bought a used Kabota 1140 RTV it lacks power to the wheels... What I mean by that is If im in low and start climbing a hill it does not have anymore power at full throttle than at a 1/4 throttle even though the motor revs higher... seems to me like a transmission issue... PLEASE HELP !

I just got a used 1140 as well. It's a 2009 with 715 hours. It seems to have no lack of power to the wheels. Change the hydro fluid using OEM Kubota filters and Super UDT2 oil. Make sure the air filter is clean and clean the spark arrestor, too.