Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction...

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #151  
I just got a used 1140 as well. It's a 2009 with 715 hours. It seems to have no lack of power to the wheels. Change the hydro fluid using OEM Kubota filters and Super UDT2 oil. Make sure the air filter is clean and clean the spark arrestor, too.

Ok will try... Mine only has 324 hours on it.... Under load or going up a hill mine sounds like its slipping, doesn't matter if I push the pedal to the floor it dogs out before it spins a tire.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #152  
Ok will try... Mine only has 324 hours on it.... Under load or going up a hill mine sounds like its slipping, doesn't matter if I push the pedal to the floor it dogs out before it spins a tire.
The hdyro in the RTV works like a tractor, you need to LET OFF on the pedal to regain speed (letting off is like downshifting in a truck) so if you mash it to the floor it is like trying to climb a hill in high gear. See if that helps.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #153  
The hdyro in the RTV works like a tractor, you need to LET OFF on the pedal to regain speed (letting off is like downshifting in a truck) so if you mash it to the floor it is like trying to climb a hill in high gear. See if that helps.
Again, this is the correct way to use RTV and all HST equipment. You aren't driving a automobile where putting the pedal to the metal gives more power. On the RTV, this one pedal not only increases engine RPM, but also the angle of the swash plate requiring more power to turn it thus stalling the engine if pedal is held down all the way. When climbing a hill, reduce to about half throttle which gives more power to the hydrostatic transmission so it is effectively putting the RTV in a lower gear while not significantly reducing RPMs or speed. I can climb any hill that I have traction for while in M range and never run out of engine power but I do have to back off the throttle.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #154  
Correct, that's exactly why I put no stock in the magazine reviews when they compare UTVs, trying to drive the RTV like a car or a regular UTV will skew the reviews away from the RTV. People who don't know how to drive a hydrostat call them a dog every time.

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #155  
Thank you... I will try that but mine is gutless in M or H.. Mine will slow to a crawl on just a slight incline on a dirt road..

/ Kubota RTV Facts/Fiction... #156  
Does anyone know where I can see a diagram of my Kabota 1140's transmission so I know what to adjust... such as the servo