Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road?

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #41  
Is the X series that much better over the non X

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #42  
Is the X series that much better over the non X

They have better suspension travel. Other than that, I think they are junk.

I'll be looking else where next year when I replace my 900 next year.

Last edited:
   / Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #43  
^^^ Good to know...

If we were to pick up an RTV it would be for general ranch work and I have looked for a good used one locally without any luck...

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #44  
The X series offers a few great refinements - better suspension, greater ground clearance, and improved transmission. I didn't own a previous model, but I can say that the X900 is a wonderful workhorse! The cab is easy to get into, driver's seat is adjustable, as is the steering wheel. The digital display is terrific, it sips fuel, fairly quiet, great starting in very cold weather, unbelievable traction (plowing is easy even without chains). It is not a racing machine - closer to a tractor with a few car-line features.

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #45  
   / Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #46  

Derek, don't hold back. Tell us the things you don't like about these machines.

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #47  

I don't own one but did look them over, I was just wondering why you feel they are junk. They appeared to have some good improvements and have not heard a lot of negative comments about them until now so it caught my attention.

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #48  
I don't own one but did look them over, I was just wondering why you feel they are junk. They appeared to have some good improvements and have not heard a lot of negative comments about them until now so it caught my attention.

I agree...Only heard a few, and I mean a few, growing pains attributed to a re-design...Junk is a bit harsh unless there is something we don't know....I don't have one either.

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #49  

Let me back up. I'd been in grandpaw's cough medicine last night and was far too harsh.

They aren't junk, but for me one would not work. They must be great as they seem to disappear from the dealers lots. I think they appeal more to people who did not like the previous design due to it being more tractor like than other UTV.

/ Kubota RTVs - how do they handle off road? #50  
Let me back up. I'd been in grandpaw's cough medicine last night and was far too harsh.

They aren't junk, but for me one would not work. They must be great as they seem to disappear from the dealers lots. I think they appeal more to people who did not like the previous design due to it being more tractor like than other UTV.

That's cool---My understanding is that beyond some suspension improvements, they don't perform much different than previous versions...I do like the roll down windows on the new 1100....That's always been a pet peeve with me on mine...What have you heard that makes them seem lighter duty to you?...I haven't heard that from anyone. Just asking..