Kubota TLB owners and experiences?

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #11  
That was the issue, many years ago when I wanted to buy a Deere 110. No Cab! And a shame, to put a make shift cab on a rather expensive and nice machine. But, I figure, they had priced the thing (basically a 4000 series JD) out of the market and a factory cab would have made it that much worse. Actually, back then, they didn't even offer cabs on any of their compacts and were loosing market share to Kubota. But yeah, the TLBs of Kubota were not offered with a cab.

I have a R510 wheel loader and it too did not come with a factory cab, so I have this kind of odd ball contraption, but a GREAT machine. Unfortunately, they don't make them with a hoe anymore.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #12  
I have an L45 and absolutely LOVE it. I've added a thumb to the backhoe and don't want to remember life without it! For moving logs or digging stumps it is just so fast. I've also added front hydraulics which I use to run a snow plow with power angle and a grapple. I'm going to be trying a hydraulic auger this year. For a "cab" I bought a soft cab. Is it perfect? NO. Does it keep the snow out and keep me warm enough? YUP. I don't like a cab for Spring/Summer/Fall. I want to be out in the open and have the ease of hopping on/off. A cab is also difficult if you use 3 point equipment. I use my L45 to Brush Hog, Lanscape Rake, Box Blade, Rototill, and even 3 point carryall.

I really enjoy the extra build weight and structure of the TLB series vs the standard ag models. I like the full roof with the FOPS as well.

ac

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences?
Are you using yours to run a business? I have a lot colder temperatures here in Western Canada than you do in New Jersey we had quite a bit of snow this past winter and temps dipping down to -40 and -50 with the windchill factored in. So even when the temps here are half that its pretty miserable to be sitting on a piece of equipment with no heated cab. I wish our winters were shorter and warmer but so far this global warming/climate change fear mongering has been a total ripoff. Lol I almost pulled the trigger last fall on a barely used L45 with a Sims cab but the financing wasn't that great. I did get some pictures of it though.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #14  
I have an L45 and absolutely LOVE it. I've added a thumb to the backhoe and don't want to remember life without it! For moving logs or digging stumps it is just so fast. I've also added front hydraulics which I use to run a snow plow with power angle and a grapple. I'm going to be trying a hydraulic auger this year. For a "cab" I bought a soft cab. Is it perfect? NO. Does it keep the snow out and keep me warm enough? YUP. I don't like a cab for Spring/Summer/Fall. I want to be out in the open and have the ease of hopping on/off. A cab is also difficult if you use 3 point equipment. I use my L45 to Brush Hog, Lanscape Rake, Box Blade, Rototill, and even 3 point carryall.

I really enjoy the extra build weight and structure of the TLB series vs the standard ag models. I like the full roof with the FOPS as well.

ac

AC if this post had a like button I would have to push it, I want a thumb on my L45 because I have one on the B26 and like it a lot. I have a hydraulic auger that I use on my L45 and it makes digging a hole easy.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #15  
I'm really enjoying my M59. Cant think of any other machine that compares with it.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #16  
I always wanted a jd 110 or a m59 but for the price of a m59 I could buy a used tc 45 and a older mini ex. Is that a option for you or are you looking to buy new .I have a few friends that sell firewood around here and the just do it to pick up a few bucks on the side they all say it is not worth the aggravation.:drink:

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #17  
We are really enjoying our M62! I wanted a single machine that would do everything I needed instead of buying a couple different machines. The M62 fits our needs perfectly. I mow the pasture with it. I box blade the driveway. I mounted a post hole digger on the backhoe arm to replace corner posts. I added a hydraulic thumb which, as others have mentioned, makes me wonder how I ever lived without it. The loader lifts plenty of weight. I bought some forks and can unload pallets of sod or feed. It can move lots of dirt in a hurry. And the best part is that I can still haul it legally behind my 3/4 ton pickup.

The only downside I see with the TLB is that they are so expensive. I watch that hour meter tick by while mowing the pasture and I can't help but think about the cost per hour.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #18  
I don't think the TLB really cost any more per hour to run. They also hold their value really well even as the hours add up. Your hours mowing pasture are much easier and less depreciating on the machine than hours of it being beat on as a rental or service machine like most of the used ones on the market always seem to be.

/ Kubota TLB owners and experiences?
Yeah I had a look at a used locally (well relatively) sourced L39 recently it had something like 4,000 hours on the meter but it appeared to be abused, one of the backhoe swing cylinders was leaking, the loader bucket was severely worn on the bottom like the owner had never put a bolt on cutting edge on it and there was a bunch of other leaky bits and pieces. The dealer also wanted around $40,000CAD which is about what it would of sold for when it was new in 2008. I offered $18,500 plus the cost of the repair work needed. The salesman told me the owner didn't like moving on his pricing I said I don't like getting bent over, so I never bought it obviously but I did take some photos of it. So far these Kubota line TLB's are pretty rare in Western Canada and this is the only one I've seen in person. I looked at a L45 with a Sims cab in Ontario via the internet last fall that I should of moved on and probably could of kept it relatively busy pushing snow this past winter but I hummed and hawwed a little too long. I got some photo's of that one as well. The only wrong I could see with the L45 was the sunfade on the paint something I wasn't concerned with.

Attachments

• 20190308_143503.jpg
    20190308_143503.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
  • 20190308_143509.jpg
    20190308_143509.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 20190308_143515.jpg
    20190308_143515.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2572.JPG
    IMG_2572.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    993.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2578.JPG
    IMG_2578.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
   / Kubota TLB owners and experiences? #20  
I've owned a B26 for going on 9 years and I love it. What you buy really depends on what you want to do and the property you're on. If I was on flat land with no rocks, a B21 would probably have been enough. Unfortunately, I'm on hilly land and with lots of rocks. I bought a dealer installed thumb and, while I don't use it very often it's really nice to have. I also have a Pronovost blower which would have been too much for a B21.

Don't choose a tractor first. Look at what you want it to do and then find a tractor within your price range, and with a good nearby dealer, that meets what you want.